[WIP] Nar Shaddaa: Virtical City

Started by Sereja, April 27, 2012, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's bloody amazing though. Played it on maximum settings on the PC... Fantastic.

Yea. You wanna know how good this map is!? It has inspired me to start saving for a PC with good graphics so that I don't miss out on anything!!!  :moo:

sorry for not having read the thread except to look at pics but when's the eta?

Thank's guys, but you should wait till final/beta version be released. ;)
Quote from: Joseph on September 11, 2012, 06:52:55 PM
sorry for not having read the thread except to look at pics but when's the eta?
Not sure, what this abbreviation (eta) cud be mean, but if you talking about releasing data, it may happens in about 1-2 month, or so. I still need to made few props, barriers, hintnodes and regions, plus sound & movie...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on September 12, 2012, 07:33:32 AM
plus sound
Are you adding custom sounds, or just re-juggling the current sound effects?

September 12, 2012, 10:44:15 AM #65 Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:10:11 AM by Sereja
Unfortunately, I do not know, how to making and add custom music, or sound effects, but I can add already exist, stock sound effects. For example, all weapons, vehicles, and infantry sound from one era, didn't work to other, and I can fix that. I am also can add sound regions: it will be isn't correct, if you still may hear sound of the wind, inside the buildings ;).
Still, I can add custom download sound content, by other modders, like trandoshan voice, but nothing more... It is realy shame to me, specialy, after guys, from Gametoast, slice all SWBF1/SWBF2 sound effects... I try to explore many tutorials about that, but got no success in this... :(

-Edit

By the way, here the tips, from my tester, Mr. Banthafodder: don't forget to decrease your LOD distance, before testing/playing my maps, on slow MAC/PC! ;)

Quote from: Sereja on September 12, 2012, 10:44:15 AM
By the way, here the tips, from my tester, Mr. Banthafodder: don't forget to decrease your LOD distance, before testing/playing my maps, on slow MAC/PC! ;)

Yeah I know,
The map loses a lot of its charms, but most of the lag is gone

New features, I am done:
Some new props, sound, movie, and single player mission.lvl variations:
Local mission: play as "bar scum".
Bounty Hunter mission: play as Jango or Boba Fett.
Jedi mission: play as Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Well, I think, I made all upgrades, I want, so, now this map, is almost ready to play. Ofcourse, there is still exist lot of bugs and issues, but it is impossible (or I do not know, how,) to fix them.
So, I open up final "beta" testing, and PM link to anyone, who wish to test it, and, if you found some new bug, or know, how to fix already known, send me your report.
I will check PM's about a week, or so, and if everything be ok, will release it.

Well, here the fresh news:
1. tripider upload for me Talz, and the model look's nice... Just don't laughting, when you see the lowrez...  :D So, I probably got new hero character for locals.
2. I can't believe, but now I am realy can make working door for SWBF1!!! :cheer: So, now, I have to little remade my map, and this time, it will be almost perfect!
Still, lot of sound problem stay unsolved, plus my imperial NAVY has only addon helmet... Hope someday, tripider, finish this model too...

Quote from: Sereja on October 14, 2012, 06:49:25 AM
2. I can't believe, but now I am realy can make working door for SWBF1!!! :cheer: So, now, I have to little remade my map, and this time, it will be almost perfect!
Doors would actually make it [more] amazing... in-fact all maps needs doors! Imagine CC with doors ay? Or even Echo Base!
DOORS

You got it to work Sereja!!!!!! That is super awesome!!!!!! I mean super duper awesome!!! Hopefully you can get some of those sounds to work.
Quote from: regent on October 14, 2012, 06:51:49 AM
Doors would actually make it [more] amazing... in-fact all maps needs doors! Imagine CC with doors ay? Or even Echo Base!
DOORS
CC with doors would actually be kinda cool...

Yes, if I have more free time, I try to make "Door Pack" assets. It's cud be nice for training my practice skills (till now, I have to read tutorials each time, as make it).
Still, probably most desirable and exotic door to me, it's a "diafragma door", from Kamino. But, it should be compatable, with the same shaped frame, and corridor, so, no sense to make it now... If I only didn't start new custom Kamino map :P...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 14, 2012, 07:10:13 AM
CC with doors would actually be kinda cool...
Well, CC does have plentiful door usage in Empire Strikes Back.

October 14, 2012, 07:51:40 AM #74 Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:45:18 AM by Sereja
Funny: I just figure out some bug/issue. The open doors, should be hide somewhere, and if the building small, or hase cylindrical shape, the doors will show up, from outside :D. I didn't think about that, when build my Nar Shaddaa bars...  :confused:

-Edit

I guess, at last, I done with this map, and it will be released today or so. It's look's almost perfect, and beauty, just like it should be. All my ideas, with doors, and other "impossible things" now come to life. I am realy happy to share my work with you. :)
Do not miss it! ;)