[WIP] Nar Shaddaa: Virtical City

Started by Sereja, April 27, 2012, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thank's :). I am realy try to finish this map, and now done with locals:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Well, almost done... I am not sure about fate of talz, since, tripider isn't active anymore, and I don't know, if he ever back to modding again, and finish this model...

Of course, I cud add some more locals, but it may cause some negative attraction to the game: 1st view (hands) may dissapear, slow PC may have lag, size of the map folder may increasd etc.
Still, already exist locals works almost fine, and percent of "meditation" is minimal.
The only real sad issue: my AI gungans (just like any other AI soldier on any of my maps), never used shields :(. Reason: totaly unknown :wacko:.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Great local's Sereja! I thought Chewbacca's model didn't work ingame? In the Main Play Mod Chewbacca's "bag" hangs on the ground...
P.S. I like looking at the background of some pictures! Like if you agree! ( Oh wait this isn't face book...  :P )
[spoiler]Don't Hate[/spoiler]

Chewbacca's model still didn't work in game, but after my edition, it look's, just like it work's ;). So, here the trick: I made real bag invisible, and give him, instead this, maded by me bag addon. That's it.
Yes, background is realy beauty! I like to play this map by myself, and sometimes even forget about "testing and continue modding"... 8)
Still, need to make some more props...

Will this also be for mac? or again...just for PC users?

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Darth Verik on September 05, 2012, 10:02:43 AM
Will this also be for mac? or again...just for PC users?
All of Seraja's maps work on my Mac.

I can only garantee, I am surely add stock sides mission.lvl (no locals at all), and decrease effect sides.lvl version (mid quality game). But what attraction my enviroment effect's, may cause on MAC's or slow PC, I do not know. Well, I am sure some beta tester volonteers, may send me full report about this... ;)

Quote from: Sereja on September 05, 2012, 10:19:02 AM
I can only garantee, I am surely add stock sides mission.lvl (no locals at all), and decrease effect sides.lvl version (mid quality game). But what attraction my enviroment effect's, may cause on MAC's or slow PC, I do not know. Well, I am sure some beta tester volonteers, may send me full report about this... ;)
I can test on my High-End Mac if you like.

Quote from: Regent on September 05, 2012, 10:36:44 AM
I can test on my High-End Mac if you like.
Woa woa woa I'm the tester.  ::) :P Just Kidding. I will be testing it on my low graphics computer, and my high graphics computer. Also all of Sereja's maps work on macs.

This really looks like the most epic and beautiful star wars battlefront map I've ever seen (including stock maps).
I'm only a bit afraid of lag.
Are you also going to add a mode where you can play as the cantina scum?

When I finish it enough, for testing, I am surely PM link, to enyone, who want it, but I have to warning you: your first attraction, may be ruined, if you start play on unfinished map. So, if you wish to feel, full quality game, you better wait till official release. ;)
Quote from: Mr. Banthafodder on September 06, 2012, 10:26:49 AM
Are you also going to add a mode where you can play as the cantina scum?
Sure, but you will need each time back up mission.lvl.

September 06, 2012, 05:11:59 PM #55 Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:41:20 PM by Kit Fisto
Ohh cantina scum!! That will be fun!! I've told myself that I will not play this with stock sides, only the edited sides so that I may have the FULL effect of your awesome map!
EDIT: Oh but I still want to test. :P

Another bad news from Nar Shaddaa: look's like I overload it, with props, and now, it start crash much more faster, then it usualy crash, becouse of effects. So, I have no other choise, as decrease far view distance. This mean, no more beautyfull buildings, at horizont. :bye:
Still, you may see them, by using zoom.  ;)

By the way, I am upload "alpha" 0.1 version of this map, and so, probably need, for small team, of totaly desperate volonteers, ready for everything.
So, I will wait for "crash test" report, of this unfinished version.
List of alpha testers, for today:
Kit Fisto,
Regent,
Mr. Banthafodder.
Hope nobody miss in action... Oh well, at least nobody can't say, I didn't warning them...

Quote from: Sereja on September 10, 2012, 01:12:32 PM
for small team, of totaly desperate volonteers, ready for everything.
So, I will wait for "crash test" report, of this unfinished version.
List of alpha testers, for today:
Kit Fisto,
Regent,
Mr. Banthafodder.
Ha Ha! Desperate is sure the right word! You don't keep amazing maps away from the Mac Gamers on this site for long!! I will test it as soon as I can. ( Super excited!  :cheer: )

September 11, 2012, 10:36:24 AM #59 Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:12:05 AM by Sereja
Well, the results of my alpha testers is next:
slow MAC - has super lag, and impossible to play. Solvation: decrease your LOD distance.
fast/mid MAC - works well (as for MAC), but may have lag in some certain places (foggy bars, I guess).
PC - works fine.
Well, it's cud be worst...
What I can say: this map just like an old "Cleopatra" movie - huge, beauty, and overload by everything. If you wish to watch it - get ready went in movie theater. Do not try to see it on tv! :D