INCREASE OF ACCOUTREMENTS

Started by VEDROID E2-E4, August 19, 2011, 04:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Everyone unit of the SWBF1 has four different weapons. There are diagrams:  [1],[1] - [2],[2] - (standart configuration), also [1],[1],[1] - [2] or [1],[1],[1],[1] - (some mods and map-addons). Finally that number is four...

QUESTION: Can that number(quantity) be increase to five or six? If "yes", how does it do?

Quote from: VEDROID E2-E4 on August 19, 2011, 04:05:29 AM
Everyone unit of the SWBF1 has four different weapons.

QUESTION:

Can that number(quantity) be increase to five or six?

If "yes", how does it do?

I see your request now.
Correct every unit has limited amount of weapons.
Yes the number of weapons can be increased to more.

What is your goal?

To play with others with more weapons or to play with yourself?

The goal is creating a mod for singleplayer only! I don't create cheat-mod, it's boringly for gameplay what I want to improve and diversify. Most copies of SWBF1 (also SWBF2) haven't license support in my country (+10 time zones to East), therefore it'll exclude using this editing for use on your servers. Also probably your servers have anti-cheat sistems and detectors of version-game or configuration.

I promise that questions will be many because i'm beginer in SWBF1-editing! :tu:

Return to business,please...How does it do?....and next: Will use units all accoutrements or first two weapons only? as diagram: [1],[1],[X] - [2],[2],[X] - in all 6 weapons: [1]-primary,[2]-secondary,[X]-unusing for bots(units)...

August 19, 2011, 05:37:36 PM #3 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:03:54 PM by jdee-barc
No, actually, There are limits here for SWBF1 units

if you have more then four weapons on a unit, it doesn't work. period.

each vehicle position on a vehicle can only have two weapons: primary and secondary

each vehicle can onlly have up to 5 vehicle positions (example: Clone gunghip. the seats are: pilot, co-pilot, left gunner, right gunner, and 1 passenger)

if you make a singleplayer mod that changes sides (weapons, add units, change unit weapons) then mulltiplayer won't work at all.

more advice

it's probably a good idea, as a beginner to not edit the droideka yet, from my experience, one tiny unintentional change crashes the game.

if you get to lua scripting, don't have more then five units (the limit) spawn for each side, don't have more then 1 hero for each side, and for local third sides, no hero.

have a look at the SWBF1 section on gametoast as there are tutorials there and the tutorial section here.

If you want to increase the number of  weapons, mod SWBF2 since the unit weapon limit is 7 or 8
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: VEDROID E2-E4 on August 19, 2011, 05:26:30 PM
I don't create cheat-mod, it's boringly for gameplay

for use on your servers. Also probably your servers have anti-cheat sistems and detectors of version-game or configuration.

First to note is that mods are not cheats. The person is the cheat. If a person uses a mod to cheat then that person is a cheater. The person is a cheater more than the mod.

All servers that are not private are public servers that belong to everyone so long as you behave according to rules set for those servers.

Ok, You are convincingly! I supposed these answers but wanted be sure that avoid mistakes and unnecessary work. Thank to all for patience to me.

THE QUESTION IS SOLVED.  :wave: