iRacing... and Lagging.

Started by Carbon27, April 29, 2013, 02:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 29, 2013, 02:26:43 PM Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 02:37:43 PM by Josh
 Anyone have iRacing, im thinking about getting it but im not sure if I should, I don't have good internet. I have a lot of questions to ask so i'm not going to bother if nobody has the game. I only have one question that possibly could be answered by someone who doesn't own the game:

Since my internet, is, well, terrible, I lag a lot. But I have seen three ways different ways people lag in racing games online.

1. Game totally stops for a moment, one, precious moment, that puts you behind everyone and RUINS your  game.                                       Happens in Dirt Track Racing 2

2. The car will go EVERYWHERE, but you wont see it, only competitors.
                                                 Happens in Forza 4

3. The game feels very shaky, and cars seem to be driving unnaturally.
                                                 Happens in NASCAR Racing 2003

The problem with 1 is I lag a lot, so I may be driving very good, but my lag will make me come in dead last. The problem with two is that I dont want to cause any wrecks. The problem with three is, well, that ones fine by me. Anyone know how this game will lag, or any way of finding out without downloading it?

If nobody responds to this saying they have iRacing within 15 days this topic should be deleted, unless a "how to find out how a game lags" conversation is going, then I will say when this should be deleted. Thanks.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Nascar racing 2003 wasnt exactly the height of gaming tech. I wouldnt worry about that, its more software limitations than anything, nothing to do with lag.

Ive played rFactor,iRacing,SimRacing,RaceRoom,Gtr, and some others race simulators in my old pc who was really bad and dont remember getting any lag or crashes with it.Maybe you should play the trial in those games and see how it goes,each simulator is very diff from one to another,so you should check all of them.Btw,if you have a racing wheel USE IT.

Quote from: Ltin on April 29, 2013, 03:08:06 PM
Nascar racing 2003 wasnt exactly the height of gaming tech. I wouldnt worry about that, its more software limitations than anything, nothing to do with lag.
I dont believe thats correct Mr. Ltin. I have seen videos online of regular online play, and I have seen videos of offline play, and I have seen videos of MP on tunngle. I believe tunngle is laggier. When I see regular videos, its a little weird, but not like when its on tunngle...

Quote from: Disciple on April 29, 2013, 03:23:03 PM
Ive played rFactor,iRacing,SimRacing,RaceRoom,Gtr, and some others race simulators in my old pc who was really bad and dont remember getting any lag or crashes with it.Maybe you should play the trial in those games and see how it goes,each simulator is very diff from one to another,so you should check all of them.Btw,if you have a racing wheel USE IT.

I will, to bad it wont have any force feedback, guess thats what you get when you get EVERYTHING from Goodwill...                        NR2003 does SUCK without a wheel, but BOY can you get a blowover without it.

Did you just call me Mr. Ltin?
The unnaturally maynor may not be lag, but the shakey game definatly isnt. That is just a frame rate drop. That is client side, and a sigh that your computer may not be up to par. Or the server sucks. Or both.

Quote from: Ltin on April 29, 2013, 05:06:11 PM
Did you just call me Mr. Ltin?
The unnaturally maynor may not be lag, but the shakey game definatly isnt. That is just a frame rate drop. That is client side, and a sigh that your computer may not be up to par. Or the server sucks. Or both.

1. Yes, yes I did :D
2. maynor?
3. Possible, but doubt it since I have seen other videos like that that where not like that, made by the same guy.
4. Yes, very much so.
5. Could be.

Here are some of my questions:

Questions that are very important:

1. I know iRacing is a simulator, but is it fun too?
2. Will I get bored quickly?
3. Am I going to get the crap beat out of me all the time?
4. Im a NASCAR nut, what OVAL tracks are there?
5. How much memory does this game take?
6. How nice are the people in iRacing?

Important questions:

1. Does it take a while to get used to the cars?
2. How important is it to get teamspeak?
3. Is it common to see the pros in this game?
4. Is there a lot of stock car racing in this game?
5. What do the stock car racers usually race, half mile tracks, or big 200 MPH superspeedways?
6. Is the game the type of game where you start out with a crappy little car and about 100 bucks and start racing and you have to build up cash to buy another car( like Gran Turismo 5 or Forza 4, or do you get the choice of all your cars and there no money whatsoever? ( like NR2003).
7. What is there to do outside of racing? Like painting cars making car setups etc. And can you sell skins tunes and other stuff?

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized I hit reply not modify and I dont want to rewrite this...

April 30, 2013, 12:53:02 PM #7 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:47:40 PM by Disciple
Ill try to answer some of the question based on racing simulator not only iRacing cuz i barely played that one.

1-Race simulators are fun if you get the hang of it or a car/track.If you wanna have real fun play online or buy an arcade racing game (NFS for example).
2-Well if you only play it for like 2 weeks yes (this always happens with any game i play :/ ),but if you play online,meet guys that play fair and are at your skill level,maybe enter a racing team or a tournament it will be hard to get bored.
3-What u mean? :0
4-There are some like Daytona,Indianapolis...Not sure but i think a good part of the nascar calendar tracks are there.
5-Not sure,you need to download to know,and idk if youll have to add more content or updates later...
6-Hm played it only a bit so i dont remember.

1-It depends from car to car,some are very easy to drive while others take a bit more of skill to control.
2-I think its only important if you join a team or if you are in a tornament
3-Normally this payed racing games have alot of pros (some F1  and other categories racers train in those games when they are at vacation)
4-Since from what i know it is an american game ya,i think they  focus on nascar.
5-Hm probably Superspeedways,not sure though
6-No i dont think so,from what i know you need to buy the other cars( real money) or it will come depending in your subscription length (take a look in that)
7-I dont think you can paint the cars,i think they are all alrady with sponsorships and stuff.

Hope i helped :P

Btw,if you wanna test it for 3 months: https://cadillaccupracing.com/

Beat the crap out means...   

[spoiler]PWNED![/spoiler]

Thanks, could you find out in your add delete programs place how much memory it takes? I have like no memory left so I most likely can't.

April 30, 2013, 05:49:52 PM #9 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:53:45 PM by Disciple
Ah i changed my computer,but ill try to found it out,ill edit the post when i find.
Edit: I found in a site that they recomend 3gb of space for the game,not much though.

Yay! Thx for the thx for the help Disciple.

No problem,im trying to get a 3 free month subscription at that site so maybe we can play :P