Free Battlefield 1942

Started by Led, November 05, 2012, 01:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
SWBF is a shameless clone of Battlefield 1942. They weren't afraid to hide that fact.

10 years ago Battlefield 1942 was a HUGE PC shooter and the "command post" concept made the game a huge seller.

LucasArts made a clone and used the Star Wars universe. In the same year Battlefield 2 was released. Both games had really strong sales.

The battlefield series is awesome. I have Battlefield 3 it's one of the best games I've played.

#TYBG

Quote from: {BHF} ag on November 05, 2012, 07:33:13 PM
SWBF is a shameless clone of Battlefield 1942. They weren't afraid to hide that fact.
I think Halo Reach is a clone of SWBF. So many things are similar its not even funny.

They didn't release Origin for Mac AG- however they are working on a beta atm for a mac version....it was announced with Sim 3 for Mac coming in Feb 2013.
But it might release before that perhaps. Sadly even if it was i'd expect not to get the mac version of this free....i've got it from way back when and while its a great game online....its been dead for so long i don't know if it will have any type of revival.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I never said it was for Mac :/

However I wouldn't mind if it did. There's some good EA games out there.

#TYBG