Star wars: First Assault game

Started by {PLA}gdh92, October 02, 2012, 09:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 02, 2012, 09:49:34 AM Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:59:29 AM by {PLA}gdh92
I was going to add this to my last post but a big red box told me I shouldn't :)
I read this today and thought it might be of interst, obviously the second part's just rumours;
'Just to make you feel even more depressed Star Wars: First Assault has been revealed to be an Xbox Live Arcade game. The title was originally discovered via a trademark filling, but rather than a reboot of Rebel Assault, or any other big budget endeavour, it's speculated to be the remains of Spark Unlimited's work on Battlefront III.'

Edit: Here's a picture:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Looks like it's the same concept artist as Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, that might be a good thing.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I was told Spark only offered to do BFIII, they didn't actually take it on. That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if this was actually a reboot of the Battlefront series, because, let's face it, the name has pretty much become jinxed to developers.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

The wait for a direct sequel to SWBF2 has been longer than the wait for Half Life 2: Episode 3.
Valvetime means nothing, it's all about Lucastime.

I have a bad feeling this isn't the Battlefront we're looking for, possibly a lifeless FPS.
But I'll reserve judgement until it actually apparates.

The way I see it is this. Most if not all of us on this site were disappointed with SWBFII which is why we still play SWBFI! So SWBFIII would just be a better version of SWBFII.  :shrug: Personally the recent Star Wars games haven't been that appealing.

Huh? BF2's a decent game. Better graphics, for one thing. Just the gameplay isn't as intense as battlefront 1 and you can strafe in vehicles/go prone.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 02, 2012, 08:45:27 PM
The way I see it is this. Most if not all of us on this site were disappointed with SWBFII which is why we still play SWBFI! So SWBFIII would just be a better version of SWBFII.  :shrug: Personally the recent Star Wars games haven't been that appealing.

I can agree with your last point but not your first. The reason I still played BFI was because for PC that was the only title I could get hold of at the time (I now have the PC version of BFII and I still have my PS2 copy). I'm sure it's for similar reasons for the others (for Mac players, BFI is/was the only Battlefront title on the Mac anyways)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Well im a mac player And i got both KotOR ii as SWBF ii for the mac. Just a matter of what kinda site you look

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 02, 2012, 08:45:27 PM

yes
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

im looking forward to star wars 1313. none of the other upcoming star wars games sound very appealing to me though.

TimeSplitters fan, eh, Gdh?

Anyways, I haven't found anything regarding a release date.

Quote from: Darth Verik on October 03, 2012, 02:35:37 PM
Well im a mac player And i got both KotOR ii as SWBF ii for the mac. Just a matter of what kinda site you look
I had/have SWBFii for mac as well. Disappointment.

I hope its gonna be like SWBF1!!!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: BlackScorpion on October 03, 2012, 03:17:45 PM
TimeSplitters fan, eh, Gdh?

Anyways, I haven't found anything regarding a release date.

No, although it was from a story about timesplitters. I just follow gaming news because I play alot of different games.:)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)