Remembering 9/11/01

Started by Jamman, September 11, 2012, 12:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We did an activity in class today where we tweet (ya know twitter), and it was about remembering 9/11/01. It is one of those days in history where almost everyone can remember where they were and what they were doing.

I remember I was in elementary school, probably second or third grade. I was in class listening to my teacher read and all of a sudden, the principal came in and told us about what had just happened, and to turn on the news. We sat and watched almost all day. My teacher was crying her eyes out. The last hour of the day, the entire school went outside on the PE courts and sang the national anthem.

Right before I left for class today, I made sure to put out the American flag to honor those who were killed in the attacks and the brave men and women who gave their lives trying to help everyone through the chaos.

Where were you when it happened?

Certainly it is one of those times when many people can quite clearly "remember where they were."
I was walking home from something or another and I wandered past the open door of my neighbours' house hearing their television blasting on high volume.
Having walked in I sat down and watched events unfold live.

I was 3 years old... I would've been in my preschool class, probably at nap time XD... But yeah, thats a hard day to remember.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I was like 4 so i don't remember  :wacko:

I was in elementry school about the same grade as Jamman. I can not remeber what I was doing or what we did. I vaguely remember everyone being very quite and sad when I got home from school that day...

I meant god knows what I was doing I was 2 xD

I was just finish university education, and was totaly free. I was at  home, and play some game, as usualy. Then, my mom, come to home, and tell me, that I should switch off my PlayStation, and turn on tv news, because in USA, happens something terrible...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: {212} Nixo on September 14, 2012, 02:40:22 PM
I meant god knows what I was doing I was 2 xD
^^ couldn't have been doing anything good :S  JK!