adding lowrez model to high rez without xsi?(help)

Started by Ginev, May 19, 2015, 01:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
hey guys i wonder is there a possible way to add a lowrez model to my high rez without using xsi?Today i try this with the chunk editor.First i was sure that the name for the model ends with _lowrez then i make it chunk with the chunk editor and after that i add this chunk to my high res model.However it didnt work ingame.Someone know a other possible ways without xsi?

Thanks.I shall check it.Is there a tutorial how to do it exactly?

I know the topic is 30 days old but i dont think there is need for new one so ill post again here something else regarding the subject.Today i was checking some odf files in the REP sides and i found that the rep_lander have this line in his odf:

LowResModel   =   "rep_lander_lowrez"

Ok is this working?I know that the lowrez for props and buildings models is stored inside the msh high rez model except soldiers.Is it possible somehow to add lowrez model through odf file for building or prop?Because i dont have xsi and i cant add lowrez to my models which cause problems to my maps with increased visibility (when you are close they pops up in view)

Quote from: Ginev on June 22, 2015, 11:49:17 AM
I know the topic is 30 days old but i dont think there is need for new one so ill post again here something else regarding the subject.Today i was checking some odf files in the REP sides and i found that the rep_lander have this line in his odf:

LowResModel   =   "rep_lander_lowrez"

Ok is this working?I know that the lowrez for props and buildings models is stored inside the msh high rez model except soldiers.Is it possible somehow to add lowrez model through odf file for building or prop?Because i dont have xsi and i cant add lowrez to my models which cause problems to my maps with increased visibility (when you are close they pops up in view)

You can try using that line in your ODF. There's a good chance though that was only an option coded into whatever ODF class you found that in. So worth a shot, but if you need some help with lowrez stuff I could probably give you a hand if you like (since I use XSI).

Maybe it's my hardware I use now, but I hardly ever use lowrez stuff now since (at least from this machine) it never even kicks in.
photobucket limit image removed

Thanks man.You can save my maps since you have xsi.And you dont have to do anything complex.I jsut need lowrez model for few models since they pop up in view.On gametoast some people told me thats the problem is the lowrez.Ill send you on PM my custom hangar model.All you need to do is this.When i am inside the hangar due to the increased visibility range my hangar dissapear under my feet.So when you open the hangar in your xsi just copy it and add it to the high rez model like lowrez.ANd do not touch textures.I need them in good quality since the lowrez will be played at close range when i am insde the hangar,

Model send to you on PM soon.