Rapid Fire Weapon mod for SWBF1

Started by Helios, July 07, 2012, 07:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
is there a mod where there is a fully automatic weapon(other than the Standard Clone Trooper)that can shoot straight and not go all ballistic, if not could anyone take the time to make on that preferably looks like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/Kg99.jpg/300px-Kg99.jpg
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

there are two separate things here.

One is the behavior of the weapon.  You can mod the weapon ODF (i.e. settings) to do what you want.

The second issue is the weapon model.  Modelling is not so easy these days, and the tools for making weapons are rather limited.  However, lots of weapons models have been made.  We don't have a lot here, but you can take a look over at gametoast.   Be sure to include credits if you use someones model.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

there is a map that lets you play as a clas that has a minigun like weapon. it doesnt look like a minigun, but it shoots fairly fast. its on some lava planet or something, but i dont remember whhat its called (its not mustafar). i know that both sides have mobil comman posts if that help anyone knows the name of the map.

So instead of making a weapon, is there anyway o could just put that straight rapid fire feature on a gun for a regular trooper because, i dont like the way the lasers seem to go Bazerk after holding the the trigger after a couple of seconds.

Yep, just find this:

YawSpread      = "0.25"
PitchSpread      = "0.25"

SpreadPerShot      = "1.1"
SpreadRecoverRate   = "4.8"
SpreadThreshold      = "1.6"
SpreadLimit      = "6.0"

In the weapon .odf and change all those to "0.0"
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

keep in mind that this wont do you any good unless both the player and server has the mod.

This sort of thing will not give you an advantage on an un-modded server if that is what you are looking for.

Ya i figured because then it would either be "Cheating" or the mod just wont be online compatible. am I right?

Correct, server and host must have a mod of this sort.

alright thank you for clearing tht up. :tu: