Bf2 audio

Started by Kit Fisto, June 25, 2012, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there a mod that puts SWBF2 audio in SWBF1? If so could I get a link and if not why don't we try it? ;)

Audio is a touchy subject.  There are restrictions on its distribution (meaning you can not with out violating the mod tools EULA).

That said, if you own SWBF2 and SWBF1, I don't see a reason why you can't use it in your own personal (non-distributed) mod.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

ah! Well scratch that idea! I have a mac therefore I can't own SWBF2 ( hence why I want BF2 conversion mods so badly ) and if it can't be distributed then I guess there is no point in asking anyone to do it. :shrug:

So, what this means, is that I wouldn't be able to have a some mission luas in my mod reference the bf2 space sound lvl to access some engine effects (for the imperial shuttle, droid gunship, etc) and release it?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Well, if the person has SWBF2 and you don't distribute it (just reference it), then i think it would be fine.

June 25, 2012, 06:32:15 PM #5 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:34:10 PM by jdee-barc
huh? lol I'm sorry i'm not understanding this at all [spoiler][/spoiler]

On a serious note, what your saying is that I wouldn't be able to package that one sound lvl with my mod? (its spa.lvl in \Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\Sound?)
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Heh, yes, that's what I'm trying to say, you just can't package it with the mod.

:)

It would be handy if there was Lua to check for the existence of the file before it tries to load it.
Then only load the sounds if the lvl was availiable.

Is there a way to check the registry for the BF2 install path? (in case the user did something silly like change the default)

There might be a way using the LUA commands with IF statements and stuff.  Something to think about.

Of course, if I were to make a mod like this, I would just say--move this stuff here, or else  use this mission.lvl file.
:)