[HELP] AI pathing problem

Started by Snake, June 06, 2012, 09:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 06, 2012, 09:13:51 PM Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:13:27 PM by Snake
I am working on the Utapau Islands map and I set up a big circle of ai pathing and set the filters of the connections going across water to exclude soldiers. But on the islands its a continuous circle around that island for the soldiers until they find transport. But ingame they just stand there..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

June 07, 2012, 07:38:07 AM #1 Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:16:48 AM by Sereja
Sometimes, behavior of AI, is hard to explain. If you do not have lot of barriers, you do not have to use planning at all, they smart enough to figure out what to do. But if your map is overload, by barriers, AI dont move untill calcuate all of them, and stuk, so, you have to use planing. The planing, it's like rails for train, as only, you become use it, AI stop thinking, become lazy and stupid. They need some prize, at the end of the road, or they refuse to move. So, you need to give them, what they desire: CPs or Capture regions. You need to put it, in "hub" radius.
Also, possible solvation: do not make filter, for soldiers in planing, but make it in barriers. If it not work, make it for planing, but not for barrier. :)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

June 07, 2012, 09:44:14 AM #2 Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:59:41 PM by Snake
Alright I will try, thanks.

--EDIT

I deleted all the pathing on one island and used only barriers and even put a neutral cp on the island but they still stand still. :(

--EDIT 2

I tried tons of things like making paths with the barriers and even just putting barriers around each island with no "paths" but still only a few move and they don't follow the paths.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It is realy strange, because in space type maps (water in your case), personaly me, using only barriers, and CP's. (no regions or planing at all). May be you delete not all planings?
Well, you can try my way Polis Massa hangars gameplay converting.
Here, what I do, to make infantry, using vehicles in vacuum: delete all entrance barrier, put capture regions in centers of "hubs", and make planing for vehicles only. But in those map, infantry has walkway around, and probably without it, they become runing right in vacuum... I sugest you, to make walkway around for infantry. Just look one step forvard: even if you will make them to get in vehicles, all movement in your map will be connected with vehicles, and in the end, when count of infantry reach 25, it will be the dead end for gameplay, just like in any other space maps.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

AI Automatically path to a CP of there choice and follow any connections that led them through  hubs they can to get to it. In your case the AI is unable to find a way past barriers and as a result doesn't move. Sorry Snake but I don't think there is anyway to do what you want effectively.

It has to be possible.. I will find a way!  8)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder