Looking for a No-Disk Mod

Started by Ultimo, March 24, 2012, 11:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i thought i saw at at one time, a No-Disk mod for SWBF, but now I can't find it. Help me please?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

It isn't a mod it's a hack sort of.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3980.0

I have to warn you that in some circles it considered naughty to go about playing a no-cd version and some third party programs get peeved if they figure out your using no-disc... for example Game Ranger doesn't allow me to join games if I do it.

March 24, 2012, 12:03:14 PM #2 Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:07:14 PM by {Alpha}Cpt.Ultimo (A.K)
ok thanks, ill look into it. So your saying Third-Parties can look into what youre doing and not allow you to do stuff cuz you have a No-Disk thing?

BTW: how do I put this into my game?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I don't know... just... yeah I don't know.
Well all I do certainly know for certain is that Game Ranger didn't allow me to join games when using my No-disc version.
Whether it knew I was using no-disc is another matter... What I'm trying to say here is that some third party software might not work properly...

I have no idea how to run the PC no-disc fix since I only ever had the Mac version, I guess Phobos might know.

Quote from: {Alpha}Cpt.Ultimo (A.K) on March 24, 2012, 12:03:14 PM
ok thanks, ill look into it. So your saying Third-Parties can look into what youre doing and not allow you to do stuff cuz you have a No-Disk thing?

BTW: how do I put this into my game?

That has never been the case with me or any other players I know that use no-cd fix (exe) for windows. For mac I have no idea.

Quote from: Unit 33 on March 24, 2012, 01:22:40 PM

I have no idea how to run the PC no-disc fix since I only ever had the Mac version, I guess Phobos might know.
I also do not know how to mod or hack using a mac OS sorry.

Quote from: Phobos on March 24, 2012, 08:36:48 PM
That has never been the case with me or any other players I know that use no-cd fix (exe) for windows. For mac I have no idea.
Actually some no-disk mods have been locked out of servers connected to gamespy.