I need to learn how to mod so I can make SWBF 1 Kotor

Started by ETW_Modder, November 28, 2013, 10:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all
I am new here and would like to learn how to mod after seeing there are no KOTOR mods that I can find available for SWBF1. If anyone can direct me to unit tutorials (specifically how to use addon map custom units as stock sides or changing of weapons? classes?) and such or a Kotor mod, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, I know how to edit ODF's, make new sides, edit existing sides, and use another maps sides on an existing map, but what I need to learn now is how to open up a side.lvl file so I can get the models. In case you're wondering, I would just like to be able to get the models from the pilots in Space:Peragus so I can have a personal KoTOR mod for my SWBF1, after using those models for the Rebel and Imperial sides and existing weapons.

Quote from: bk2_modder on November 28, 2013, 07:04:38 PM
Ok, I know how to edit ODF's, make new sides, edit existing sides, and use another maps sides on an existing map, but what I need to learn now is how to open up a side.lvl file so I can get the models. In case you're wondering, I would just like to be able to get the models from the pilots in Space:Peragus so I can have a personal KoTOR mod for my SWBF1, after using those models for the Rebel and Imperial sides and existing weapons.

I'm not sure that it is possible to extract models from a munged lvl file.  You would be better off trying to find someone that has the models.  You can ask the creator of that map--he may have an account here or on gametoast.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

u can extract the munged models but there is currently no way to demunge them back to msh source.

How do I extract the munged models? All I need to do with them is use them for other units after reequipping them with new weapons.

Here is it simply. It's not impossible to do what you want but without the consent of the original author most people who know how won't be helping you.

November 30, 2013, 07:07:51 PM #9 Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:38:38 PM by bk2_modder
Would someone kindly direct me to a Jango Fett style Mandalorian model and skin asset for SWBF1 as well as a chaingun? I am currently working on a small mod.

You can look in our section of "teancum's secret files"--there might be something there.

We are building up our assets collection, but the people over at gametoast have tons more than we do.
www.gametoast.com

Be sure to read their rules and post in the correct spot over there, though   ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

here are the munged models from PER.lvl you requested
attached zip

December 05, 2013, 01:31:42 PM #13 Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:33:33 PM by bk2_modder
Thank you!   :tu: