Internet Scavenger Hunt/CodeBreaker

Started by Led, November 25, 2013, 07:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lol, thats great.
3301 could serve for some excellent mod back-stories though..

Quite an eerie tale for me actually. I've never been one for cryptography (personally never understood it), however the scavenger hunt part seems thrilling. Still makes you wonder, who is Cicada 3301, and why are they hiring all these code-breakers? ???

I sense some conspiracy theories about this.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 25, 2013, 08:25:15 PM
Lol, GM. That is just a given.

I suppose if you really wanted to enhance security options (universally, doesn't matter what exactly for.), that this is a great way to do it!
I personally can't stand math (probably cause I'm a year ahead, which makes it extremely hard..), but I would probably get addicted to this sort of thing :P I hate being that one nerdy guy though, which is probably the only other reason besides; it's not a stable line of work, that I wouldn't do something like that for a living.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 25, 2013, 08:25:15 PM
You betcha.

In all seriousness this sort of thing probably happens all the time, just in rare instances us lower internet chaps begin to notice.

November 26, 2013, 01:01:34 PM #6 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:45:44 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
It was probably the FBI or CIA, they want alot of hackers to track other country leaders, oh Obama... for all ya'll folks, another internet conspiracy I guess... EDIT: a better Illuminati conspiracy: http://www.itanimulli.com/
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Spooky cool quest.
I never would have made it past the duck. :P