Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5

Started by Kit Fisto, March 08, 2013, 08:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 09, 2013, 10:59:05 AM
Pretty much what I think of about that D-squad arc.

The D-Squad arc was pretty good I thought, it gave Fives and Echo a backstory, since they were used a fair bit in Season 3. Even Season 4 if I recall on that Umbaran arc.

Quote from: Agent Z on March 09, 2013, 12:46:46 PM
[spoiler]Barris Offee was killed in Order 66, how is it that she could still be in the Jedi Order after committing the crime that she did?  It makes no sense.  I hate how they are somewhat re-writting Star Wars history throughout this show...  :dry:
[/spoiler]
Because none of the Star Wars canon makes much sense anyway.

Quote from: Agent Z on March 09, 2013, 12:46:46 PM
OK, so I just watched the latest episode, and I'm not exactly pleased.

Don't click the spoiler unless you have already seen the episode, or you don't really care about the outcome of it.[spoiler]Barris Offee was killed in Order 66, how is it that she could still be in the Jedi Order after committing the crime that she did?  It makes no sense.  I hate how they are somewhat re-writting Star Wars history throughout this show...  :dry:
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]It never was shown that Baris was killed in Order 66. So she could have this role as a Jedi protestor. And you have to remember that George Lucas had to "OK" the story before they even worked on it. And when he says something can happen it is known as G-level canon and then it has happened in the Star Wars canon. Confusing but it is his story. :)[/spoiler]

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 09, 2013, 12:47:31 PM
The D-Squad arc was pretty good I thought, it gave Fives and Echo a backstory, since they were used a fair bit in Season 3. Even Season 4 if I recall on that Umbaran arc.
Ok let me re-phrase that. IF you watch the D-squad episodes back to back to back to back then they are good. But don't spread them out (which is what they did when they aired them) because then it seems tedious. And Fives and Echo are in that arc? I don't recall them in those episodes... :confused:
Quote from: UNIT 33 on March 09, 2013, 01:28:08 PM
The start of that was TFU.  :rant:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 09, 2013, 02:25:29 PM
[spoiler]It never was shown that Baris was killed in Order 66. So she could have this role as a Jedi protestor. And you have to remember that George Lucas had to "OK" the story before they even worked on it. And when he says something can happen it is known as G-level canon and then it has happened in the Star Wars canon. Confusing but it is his story. :)[/spoiler]
Ok let me re-phrase that. IF you watch the D-squad episodes back to back to back to back then they are good. But don't spread them out (which is what they did when they aired them) because then it seems tedious. And Fives and Echo are in that arc? I don't recall them in those episodes... :confused:

Well, Echo and Fives did appear in season 3, I know that.  Plus, I never did notice they spread out the episodes like that. When I watched them it was back to back to back. Fives I believe is in the Umbara arc, since Echo dies at the Citadel arc of season 3. Fives leads the 501st with Rex on Umbara in Season 4, if I recall correctly.

Oh I thought you meant they were in the D-Squad arc. :slap:
Yea I like Fives, he's cool. I like all the episodes they do with the "Rookies."

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 09, 2013, 02:33:36 PM
Oh I thought you meant they were in the D-Squad arc. :slap:
Yea I like Fives, he's cool. I like all the episodes they do with the "Rookies."

Yeah, the episodes were cool. I really wish Echo didn't die in the Citadel arc though, he was my favourite clone trooper of D-Squad (other than Heavy).

Say, quick question, what was your favourite episode/arc of Season 5? My favourite arc I would have to say was the Onderon arc, and episode, would actually have to be The Wrong Jedi (the finale), even though I disliked the ending.

Ok I get what you are trying to say.  :slap:
I was saying D-Squad=Droid Squad
You were saying D-Squad=Domino Squad.
Wow.  :slap:
Ok so I don't like the droid squad but I love Domino squad.

Favorite arc of Season 5? Hmm. I would have to say either the Ahsoka arc or the Darth Maul arc. They were both epic in their own way.
My favorite episode is probably "The Lawless" But I can't say for sure because I loved the episodes that featured Coruscant and the  :censored: Awesome military base and underworld.

March 09, 2013, 05:41:38 PM #22 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:44:30 PM by Agent Z
Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 09, 2013, 02:55:49 PMOk I get what you are trying to say.
I was saying D-Squad=Droid Squad
You were saying D-Squad=Domino Squad.
Ha. I was confused too, at first.  I thought you were talking about Delta Squad.  :panic:

My favorite story arc is probably... hmmm, that's tough.  I really enjoyed the story arc where Obi Wan goes undercover as a bounty hunter.  My favorite episode of that arc was "The Box".  It really showed off some of the bounty hunters' skill.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on March 09, 2013, 01:28:08 PM
Yes, very good point. I enjoyed Star Wars more when I wasn't totally caught up in it.  Back when everything didn't have to tie together and make sense, when I just watched it for the epic battles and duels.  So, I kinda liked Star Wars back when I didn't really like Star Wars that much, if that makes any sense...

Didn't read thread, haven't been watching show but I just stopped in to ask, has Ahsoka been killed off yet?

Quote from: Joseph on March 10, 2013, 06:46:41 PM
Didn't read thread, haven't been watching show but I just stopped in to ask, has Ahsoka been killed off yet?
A far better question is: Have they cancelled it and renounced it as being canon yet?

Lol, yeah, no chance of that though, I'm sure it's quite a cash cow.

I'm going to just put this out there now, but until you watch even half the episodes that have aired you can't contribute to the discussion.

I guess you're right, kind of like how unless you have endured a gulag you can't criticize Stalinism.

For the heck of it, I will answer SK's and Joseph's questions:

No, Ahsoka has not been killed off yet. **SPOILER ALERT** She left the Jedi Council at the finale, so she may just be simply kicked off the show or will play a minor role in Season 6.

And no, the series has not been cancelled, far from it infact. They are in the process or done writing the scripts for Season 6 as of now I believe. I do not believe they have renounced it for canon yet either.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 10, 2013, 08:09:08 PM
And no, the series has not been cancelled, far from it infact. They are in the process or done writing the scripts for Season 6 as of now I believe. I do not believe they have renounced it for canon yet either.
Oh no, on the contrary Season 6 has yet to be anounced on ANY broadcasting network. The contract with Cartoon Network expired and (as said on Rebel Force Radio) reliable sources say that no new home is planned for the Clone Wars to be aired. They (Rebel Force Radio) are telling people to write to Disney CEO Bob Iger asking to put CW on a Disney channel.
Latest news in a nutshell.