Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5

Started by Kit Fisto, March 08, 2013, 08:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 08, 2013, 08:03:36 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:05:29 PM by Kit Fisto
Star Wars: The Clone Wars. My favorite TV show. I feel I need to show you guys (again) the greatness of this show. I just watched the last story arc of episodes for Season 5 (season finale episodes) again and I feel I need to say that they are the best episodes ever for the Clone Wars. Now if you have access to watch all episodes of Season 5 you really should. Trust me you won't regret it. The animation is better than ever before and is more dark leading up to episode III but has some episodes that bring you back to the feel of the original trilogy. Trust me, if you haven't watched any episodes you need to do it. BUT, skip the entire droid arc. That is the one flaw in Season 5. They are good, but compared to the rest of the season, are, well :sick:
So if you don't have access to the entire season go to this page ( http://starwars.com/watch/the-clone-wars/1/full_episode/ ) and click on the episodes with a 5 in the title. Make sure to do it in order. "The Lawless" and the entire Ahsoka arc are the best episodes of the season. Have fun watching what could be, your favorite show...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 08, 2013, 08:03:36 PM
Star Wars: The Clone Wars. My favorite TV show. I feel I need to show you guys (again) the greatness of this show. I just watched the last story arc of episodes for Season 5 (season finale episodes) again and I feel I need to say that they are the best episodes ever for the Clone Wars. Now if you have access to watch all episodes of Season 5 you really should. Trust me you won't regret it. The animation is better than ever before and is more dark leading up to episode III but has some episodes that bring you back to the feel of the original trilogy. Trust me, if you haven't watched any episodes you need to do it. BUT, skip the entire droid arc. That is the one flaw in Season 5. They are good, but compared to the rest of the season, are, well :sick:
So if you don't have access to the entire season go to this page ( http://starwars.com/watch/the-clone-wars/1/full_episode/ ) and click on the episodes with a 5 in the title. Make sure to do it in order. "The Lawless" and the entire Ahsoka arc are the best episodes of the season. Have fun watching what could be, your favorite show...

I've seen this whole series from Season 1 Episode 1, Ambush. I love this series. I also like how they have darkened the nature of the show over time. I would say what I disliked about the ending, but I won't spoil the ending of the arc for everyone else. :P

General summary however, this season is the best. Though I did like the arc for Season 3, I thought it was nice.

March 09, 2013, 01:31:44 AM #2 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:40:39 AM by UNIT 33
Well as the horrible cynic that I am, I wouldn't say this show has reached brilliance, because the script is still mundane, however it's definitely going in the right direction, especially now that we're actually getting to see Anakins' downfall.
As Kit said, the one thing this series really did not need was that chain of droid based episodes.... eurgh.

I can watch Clone Wars, only from YouTube, so, sometimes it's in very chaotic order. Still 5 season was realy interesting, specialy, how character, from "SW Republic Commando" game, show up in series. His helmet, even got the same reticules :D.
Unfortunately, to get close as possible, to movie canons, creators of this series, probably have to kill all of "non movie" characters. Most sad was the death of Satine :'(. Realy unexpected and tragical event, since begining was almost humorous, with clamsy Obi-Wan...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Obi Wan is great! Also note that the Bounty Hunter armour that he wears was actually the original Boba Fett design.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on March 09, 2013, 05:41:33 AM
Obi Wan is great! Also note that the Bounty Hunter armour that he wears was actually the original Boba Fett design.

I CAUGHT THAT REFERENCE!!

Say, did anyone else notice in the season 3 finale, there's a crystal skull from Indiana Jones in the trandoshan's trophy room? ;)

No, I just spot Indiana Jones hat, in supply store, on Nal Hutta, where Obi-Wan, buy this helmet.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 08, 2013, 08:50:40 PM
I've seen this whole series from Season 1 Episode 1, Ambush. I love this series. I also like how they have darkened the nature of the show over time. I would say what I disliked about the ending, but I won't spoil the ending of the arc for everyone else. :P

General summary however, this season is the best. Though I did like the arc for Season 3, I thought it was nice.
I thought the ending was good! You have to remember that Anakin is still the focus of the prequels and that
(literally a spoiler, don't open if you haven't seen the episodes) [spoiler]Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order adds to Anakin's loss and eventual hate of the Jedi because of what they have become.[/spoiler]
What arc in Season 3? Or do you mean the season as a whole?

And for anybody that follows the show intensely you should listen to the podcast Rebel Force Radio, Clone Wars declassified episodes.

They use so many concept art designs. It is great to see models that Ralph Mcquarrie drew. It is really cool to see that stuff in Star Wars now.

Sereja you can't watch them on starwars.com or purchase them on iTunes?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 09, 2013, 07:01:29 AM
I thought the ending was good! You have to remember that Anakin is still the focus of the prequels and that
(literally a spoiler, don't open if you haven't seen the episodes) [spoiler]Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order adds to Anakin's loss and eventual hate of the Jedi because of what they have become.[/spoiler]
What arc in Season 3? Or do you mean the season as a whole?

And for anybody that follows the show intensely you should listen to the podcast Rebel Force Radio, Clone Wars declassified episodes.

They use so many concept art designs. It is great to see models that Ralph Mcquarrie drew. It is really cool to see that stuff in Star Wars now.

By arc in season 3, I meant in the finale when Ahsoka gets captured by the Trandoshans. It was an amazing arc. And for the finale (do not open the spoiler if you haven't seen the season 5 finale):

[spoiler]
I really wish she didn't leave the order, though I guess they sort of had to force her out somehow for Anakin's character to build. I guess I was just hoping it would be at a later time. Though I do hope they still include Ahsoka somehow in the 6th season, she was pretty much the main thing that attracted me to the series! (Aside from the fact it's Star Wars, of course. :P)
[/spoiler]

Anyways though, I've seen a few declassified episodes, not too many though.  I admit, Ralph McQuarrie did some amazing concepts for the Star Wars saga.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 09, 2013, 07:01:29 AM
No, I can't watch them on starwars.com, because, I see only broken droid there :D. And of course, I can't buy on-line anything (the reason the same as with original SWBF disc).
Still, I can just download them from YouTube, and watch them with no time to time picture freeze issue.

Hey, please do not go into further detail about mildly illegitimate viewing methods... just keep it nice and vague like you have done so far.

Anyway. The script could still do with some work, but I understand the core audience is of a younger demographic, and that makes it necessary for characters to use a mundane vocabulary.
I do like how we're seeing that the public at large within the SW universe are turning on the Jedi, because it seemed a little odd in ROTS that (mostly) everyone would just accept Palpatine's lie as justification for their massacre.

I don't know, I didn't really like that Ahsoka arc in season 3 that much. I don't know why.  :confused:
I have to say when the show first started in 2008 I was an Ahsoka hater ( along with Captain Rex ), but now I like both of those characters a lot.

Sereja that means you have to update your flash player. Just say update and you should be able to play the episodes. ;)

I think the script is good for the broad range of audiences they are catering to. I really like that they are addressing the "political" side of the prequels.

I was wondering, what did you guys think of the "Younglings" arc? I loved it because it felt more like the Original Trilogy etc.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 09, 2013, 10:27:33 AM
I don't know, I didn't really like that Ahsoka arc in season 3 that much. I don't know why.  :confused:
I have to say when the show first started in 2008 I was an Ahsoka hater ( along with Captain Rex ), but now I like both of those characters a lot.

Sereja that means you have to update your flash player. Just say update and you should be able to play the episodes. ;)

I think the script is good for the broad range of audiences they are catering to. I really like that they are addressing the "political" side of the prequels.

I was wondering, what did you guys think of the "Younglings" arc? I loved it because it felt more like the Original Trilogy etc.

I don't know, it was alright I guess. I will mention straight out that the Jedi aren't exactly my favourite characters of Star Wars (even though that's sort of what made Star Wars unique), but clone troopers and stormtroopers have always been my favourite. Although I was disappointed there weren't alot of clones throughout the season I thought, I admit some of the episodes this season I did like. The droids arc was not needed, though I'm glad they added a commando in there just for the heck of it.

Overall, I thought the younglings arc was perhaps a bit too extended for the series (2-3 episodes I'm fine with, but a 4-5 ep arc just isn't needed in that case). I think this season probably had the most story arcs I've seen in the clone wars series as a whole.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 09, 2013, 10:44:28 AM
Overall, I thought the younglings arc was perhaps a bit too extended for the series (2-3 episodes I'm fine with, but a 4-5 ep arc just isn't needed in that case).
Pretty much what I think of about that D-squad arc.

OK, so I just watched the latest episode, and I'm not exactly pleased.

Don't click the spoiler unless you have already seen the episode, or you don't really care about the outcome of it.[spoiler]Barris Offee was killed in Order 66, how is it that she could still be in the Jedi Order after committing the crime that she did?  It makes no sense.  I hate how they are somewhat re-writting Star Wars history throughout this show...  :dry:
[/spoiler]