Previous topic - Next topic

which xfire did you prefer?

old classic xfire
34 (97.1%)
new xfire beta
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Quote from: Agent Z on February 07, 2013, 06:14:39 PM
Well, today I went to change my nickname for a community and it wouldn't even let me log on to their website. When I tried on my PC, I would try to log in and there would be a timeout error. When I tried to log in on my phone, it would send me a "change password" e-mail. When I clicked on the link it e-mailed me it said something along the lines of "this page does not exist"...

Long story short, the new Xfire is ruined. I can't even edit or log on to my own profile...

Odd, I have perfect access to Xfire, though I must admit something must be done with the fact you cannot change your name on a group on the beta site. I'm going to see if classic still works for me, but for the most part, someone start spamming the community forums about all the errors of their site.

Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: [FC]Helios on February 07, 2013, 06:39:04 PM
http://www.getgsc.com/
http://www.enjin.com/client
Found these they seem alright

Enjin's client is a moneyeater, you need to pay for the client services. Plus, their client doesn't support SWBF, only SWBF2.

GSC though is something I've seen before from searching, but I don't know how good the client would be, someone should beta test it and see if it works with SWBF. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on February 07, 2013, 06:45:36 PM
Enjin's client is a moneyeater, you need to pay for the client services. Plus, their client doesn't support SWBF, only SWBF2.

GSC though is something I've seen before from searching, but I don't know how good the client would be, someone should beta test it and see if it works with SWBF. :P
swbf is on the supported games list on the wiki

Quote from: Ltin on February 07, 2013, 06:56:31 PM
swbf is on the supported games list on the wiki

If it's enjin, the actual client list of compatible games is only SWBF2, not SWBF1.

For GSC, again I didn't look into it, so I wouldn't know.

I can't even login on the new Xfire. Thankfully my Xfire program remembers the password (I still know it) so I can still use the program, just not the website.

23-0, at least there is something we can all agree on. @Roxas, when you click on the "profile" button on the chat window of someone it takes you to the site and logs you in, atleast it does for me.

February 07, 2013, 09:54:43 PM #22 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:07:56 PM by Phobos
More bugs:
Won't let me leave community. Says I left community but then I refresh page and it puts me back in the community.
Won't let me edit or delete news posts. When I try deleting posts it takes me to "forgot your password" page.
Won't let me access profile settings on website.

And now the xfire client just freezes up every time I try to log in. Reinstalled it three times and it does this every time. Other people have complained about xfire recently crashing and lagging their SWBF more frequently now while running.

Bye bye xfire, once a useful app, now uninstalled nonfunctional junkware. :wave:

Does anyone know of another IM app that will work in game?

I cannot remember what version I have for xfire, but I blocked the updater, so nothing changes without me knowing and accepting it, if someone had the xfire setup for a specific version, would that help everyone who used it? (I don't think I have it, but someone else might)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 07, 2013, 10:45:44 PM
I cannot remember what version I have for xfire, but I blocked the updater, so nothing changes without me knowing and accepting it, if someone had the xfire setup for a specific version, would that help everyone who used it? (I don't think I have it, but someone else might)
I tried an old xfire version from 2010 and same problems. Freezes on log in.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayXpert
This one doesnt look so bad
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Phobos on February 07, 2013, 09:54:43 PM
More bugs:
Won't let me leave community. Says I left community but then I refresh page and it puts me back in the community.
Won't let me edit or delete news posts. When I try deleting posts it takes me to "forgot your password" page.
Won't let me access profile settings on website.

I have had those same problems  :dry: I only put up with it because I am not sure there is any IM program that works in game like xfire.... or like xfire did

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

February 08, 2013, 08:38:27 AM #27 Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:39:53 AM by Are§
Quote from: [FC]Helios on February 08, 2013, 05:03:13 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayXpert
This one doesnt look so bad

good find Helios. It says that it supports all games and that it's chat can even support chat from other clients (such as xfire) so not even everyone would have to change over to it. I'm downloading the client and trying it out now. The funny part is that it says it was made by people who used xfire, but wanted something better lol

EDIT: I was unable to get the client installed correctly or get my xfire friends ported to it. It seems like it is still in development or something, but i wasn't impressed. Maybe someone else could try it, as it is not as relevant to me since my xfire client still works. 

Wow, thats a cool client, They even use a DLL like TinyWeb.dll to run internet browser!

I am impressed :O

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on February 07, 2013, 06:59:14 PM
If it's enjin, the actual client list of compatible games is only SWBF2, not SWBF1.

For GSC, again I didn't look into it, so I wouldn't know.
i was referring to gsc