Particle Editor

Started by Are§, February 14, 2013, 04:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have been looking, with no success, for a download for Particle Editor. I would appreciate it if someone could upload it here or direct me to somewhere i could download it from. Thanks

I have not looked into this very much, so if I am wrong, I'm wrong.

I could never get the fix or the original particle editor for SWBF1 to work for me, so I took a shot with SWBF2 particle editor (I don't know what the difference is, it's all the same to me :P)

It will not load the particle textures (I don't know about moving textures into same folder as .fx file will work or not), but it worked for me, I made some... Rather rad rocket effects for common.lvl  (Something I'll be using in the competition SK made).

It worked for me, but you know my way is always trial and error way xD

these are in BFbuilder toolsfl

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 14, 2013, 04:48:25 PM
I could never get the fix or the original particle editor for SWBF1 to work for me.
Do not forget, copy from the SWBF game directory C:\ Program Files\LucasArts folder\ Star Wars Battlefront\GameData binkw32.dll into the BFBuilder\ToolsFL\Bin
Then, you must create a folder, in the next directory:
BFBuilder\ Data\ , and name it: _lvl_pc
After that, copy the core.lvl file from your SWBF gamedata directory into the _lvl_pc folder, like it is was in the the SWBF game.
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 14, 2013, 04:48:25 PMso I took a shot with SWBF2 particle editor (I don't know what the difference is, it's all the same to me :P)
Those editors, uses game engines, so not any effects, working for SWBF2 engine, will works for SWBF1 correct.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

So you're saying that because Particle Editor did not register Core.lvl and bwink32.dll files in the right directory, therefore prompting for it to exit =O

Well then  }: D , I think I aught to find a way to use (or just remake) particle editor without that.

I've been experimenting with GameMaker's file functions, maybe I could create a new script, and get it to read and display particles like SWBF's particle editor does...

I shall look into this.