Gamers who play for hours 'prone to hallucinations'

Started by Led, January 08, 2014, 02:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I often think when riding in a car, "You need to get a little closer to get a good draft." But not to that extreme.
I posted once that I actually think to press T before talking. :rofl:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

January 08, 2014, 04:26:37 PM #2 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:06:23 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
So THIS is why I keep seeing that last Ghosts mission and Halo 4 multiplayer matches playing out in my head... this may also explain the voices in my head telling me to kill Grif, but that may just be Sarge singing outside.

EDIT: For all y'all Non-RvB watchers: [spoiler]http://youtu.be/WMQ0XMf5aZA?t=2m8s[/spoiler]
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I wonder if this thread is in my mind....
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Funny, I've played for hours at a time on my iPad/GameCube/Wii/PC, and I haven't hallucinated ever!

Yet... ; )

I have hallucinated on one occasion, but that was due to sleep deprivation.
I do not recommend hallucination.

Quote from: Unit 33 on January 09, 2014, 09:33:41 AM
I have hallucinated on one occasion, but that was due to sleep deprivation.
Just because you said that im not gonna sleep tonight so I can humiliate myself in Social Studies for that music video and win my class a pizza party

January 09, 2014, 05:15:44 PM #7 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:22:56 PM by Joseph
By the same logic that the author of this article employs, having a song stuck in your head is also hallucinating.

Quote from: Unit 33 on January 09, 2014, 09:33:41 AM
Do you recommend dreaming?

January 09, 2014, 08:59:31 PM #8 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:01:37 PM by tirpider
I did a sleep dep for 7 days in my mid 20's. (not an experiment, just me and a friend goofing off.)
Didn't have any visual hallucinations, but I did perceive things in a different way. (Lawns were laughing at me and I couldn't convince them that it was their behavior that was funny, not mine.)

Perhaps if I had spent more time with the atari ...

Quote from: Joseph on January 09, 2014, 05:15:44 PM
Do you recommend dreaming?
Yes, but I would suggest that the experiences in each instance is intrinsically different.
I see what you're getting at though. Maybe it was just a particularly bad hallucination.

Quote from: Unit 33 on January 10, 2014, 01:10:41 AM
Yes, but I would suggest that the experiences in each instance is intrinsically different.
Actually I've had ALOT of dreams over and over again which is weird considering I only dream about once or twice a month to be honest... In other news Hurricane Delta continues to rain on my parade for me thinking my RvB hallucinations are real (He just says its sleep deprivation and watching too much RvB on iTunes)