One in the chamber game-mode?

Started by Helios, February 28, 2013, 05:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Im going to make a One In The Chamber game mode post here if your interested in helping/co-create this mod
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

could you explain what you mean more thoroughly?

Its a Black Ops 2 party game mode which is pretty fun. You have one bullet and if you get a kill you get another bullet. This is actually possible in SWBF1 I think.

To do this:
1. All players must have their ammo drop probability set to 100
2. All guns must be set to 1000 damage and 1 round per clip
3. All units must have their clip # set to 1

Then when you get a kill you get another bullet! Also, it'd probably be good to add a knife melee as a secondary weapon for when people miss..

That should do it. Great idea btw, I never thought of it before!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

This mode is awesome and came before BO2,(BO or MW2 i think).Its a mode where you have only 1 bullet as said above and 3 lifes.My record in it was 8-0

Dude, You could use Sereja's kitchen knife as a melee weapon!
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=658

Maybe he could whip us up some new knife models as well?

And maybe somehow, we could find a punch animation?

Where would this map be placed on? Perhaps a scaled up version of Bespin CC's Chamber and block off all the exits with com_inv_col's ?

Once I get my mod for the competition done, I'd love to help you with this!

I would fully support this! It's been a while since something "fresh" was given to SWBF (aside from side mods, maps and the like).

I would think a good place for this game would be Jabba's. It's small enough to play it in too I'd figure. Unless someone feels like making a replica map from CoD BO or BO2 to add to the effect? :)

Quote from: Snake on February 28, 2013, 05:33:48 PM
Also, it'd probably be good to add a knife melee as a secondary weapon for when people miss..

Nahhhh :XD:

Great idea though! I believe the game type originated in black ops (the first). Definitely a mod that would lead to new tournies and the like.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

To get the extra "bullet" after a kill you could make the ammo drop rate for bodies 100%.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 28, 2013, 05:48:06 PM
Dude, You could use Sereja's kitchen knife as a melee weapon!
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=658

Maybe he could whip us up some new knife models as well?
Actualy, my Kitchen Knife blade, can be easy edited by alpha channel, so, no need to make new models, if only you talking about some super funcy or huge "knife".
By the way, melee fights, is always suicide, for both units, so there will be no winners, if you only not increase health or add shields to your soldiers.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Snake on February 28, 2013, 05:33:48 PM
Its a Black Ops 2 party game mode which is pretty fun. You have one bullet and if you get a kill you get another bullet. This is actually possible in SWBF1 I think.

To do this:
1. All players must have their ammo drop probability set to 100
2. All guns must be set to 1000 damage and 1 round per clip
3. All units must have their clip # set to 1

Then when you get a kill you get another bullet! Also, it'd probably be good to add a knife melee as a secondary weapon for when people miss..

That should do it. Great idea btw, I never thought of it before!
Exactly!
Yes a Melee weapon would greatly suffice! Perhaps a custom tactical knife?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I think your going to run into some problems with melee weapons if you want this to be a multiplayer mod. I used sereja's kitchen knife and others in jet wars, and i noticed that if two units are close to each other and swing within a second of each other, both will always die (usually with one getting the kill and the other "dying", since the dead units attack still swings after it dies, similar to when a vanguard dies and both rockets still shoot)

What about a pistol set to over heat after one shot? You could increase the damage it does and the time it takes for it to cool. Could the overheating feature be added to sniper by increasing reload time and having only one bullet per clip?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

If it recharges, eventually you could have another bullet without killing someone, and if you have the gun set to recharge type, you cannot get more ammo.

March 01, 2013, 09:52:20 AM #13 Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:53:59 AM by {212th} Ldr. Norris
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 01, 2013, 09:37:52 AM
If it recharges, eventually you could have another bullet without killing someone, and if you have the gun set to recharge type, you cannot get more ammo.

I realize this. But you could eliminate having a melee weapon. If the recharge/reload time was long enough to be painful if you miss. say 20-30 seconds or so. I guess it wouldn't be exactly "one in the chamber" But it would be close. Another problem with that idea would be people running after one shot, a closed off section of a map would be the only fun game play. 

Just thinking out loud here :P

March 01, 2013, 10:22:46 AM #14 Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:35:56 AM by Are§
i think they had the right idea or the one bullet, and then all units have 100% probability for ammo drop. It'd be perfect, just like COD. The only problem i see is the melee weapons

Oh and might i suggest uses snakes map tht he used for the "realism" sides since that was sort of call of duty themed anyway