Attitudes Towards FC

Started by AreĀ§, January 09, 2013, 02:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Disciple on January 09, 2013, 06:00:01 PM
The point is,if the guy who is using radar,dont press the button on the mouse to kill you,does radar mod makes any difference? (again,i understand what you said there)

But sometimes the mouse button gets pressed and you get shot in the back as you try to take a CP from behind...
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Then make a public server with radar.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: [FC]Helios on January 09, 2013, 06:16:37 PM
Then make a public server with radar.

Radar use in FC servers is condoned and encouraged, from what I understand.  What is your point?

As in where the server has the radar mod

Quote from: [FC]Helios on January 09, 2013, 06:20:21 PM
As in where the server has the radar mod
That requires all clients to use a downloaded mod which most don't want to do.

Forcing everyone to use radar or not use radar requires download mod. No other solution has been discovered yet to "force" either extreme.

Quote from: Phobos on January 09, 2013, 06:21:49 PM
That requires all clients to use a downloaded mod which most don't want to do.

Forcing everyone to use radar or not use radar requires download mod. No other solution has been discovered yet to "force" either extreme.
Oh ok, well when the reinforcement counts go down to 15 you everyone gets radar.

January 09, 2013, 06:26:41 PM #36 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:33:07 PM by Disciple
Quote from: Buckler on January 09, 2013, 06:15:17 PM

But sometimes the mouse button gets pressed and you get shot in the back as you try to take a CP from behind...

Can't that happen when your not using any mods too? Ive done that many times....
-------------–---
Ill stop posting in this topic,all i had to say was said and i tried to look at it in the best way as possible,trying to understand both sides.If you wanna talk with me about it please pm me here or in xfire.This topic is going nowhere and posting here wont change anyones mind.Thanks

Quote from: [FC]Helios on January 09, 2013, 06:25:07 PM
Oh ok, well when the reinforcement counts go down to 15 you everyone gets radar.
exe scripted, we can't change that

January 09, 2013, 06:40:53 PM #38 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:43:43 PM by Buckler
Quote from: Phobos on January 09, 2013, 06:34:17 PM
exe scripted, we can't change that

I would if I knew how, and if it worked on the server.  I am not sure what exe variable turns it on though (and its actually 20, and only for teams with 20 or less tickets).  It could also be a client side variable.

Quote from: Disciple on January 09, 2013, 06:26:41 PM
Can't that happen when your not using any mods too? Ive done that many times....

Yes, it can happen, but why it happens make a difference to a some people. 

Quote from: Phobos on January 09, 2013, 06:11:17 PM
What's so cheap about a mod that can be easily downloaded and installed from this forum?

The problem is, I cannot, for my parents forbid downloading mods onto their computer, the only one I can currently use for SWBF. I do recall mentioning this while asking for the fair fight.

But, when my parts roll in and I get my own computer set up, I'd be happy to take him on at his level.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Every time. Anything doing with FC or any clan for that matter comes to the Radar issue.  :confused:

What if we take radar out of the equation. Now do people hate/love FC?

Quote from: Nobility on January 09, 2013, 07:16:45 PM
The problem is, I cannot, for my parents forbid downloading mods onto their computer, the only one I can currently use for SWBF. I do recall mentioning this while asking for the fair fight.

But, when my parts roll in and I get my own computer set up, I'd be happy to take him on at his level.
Valid point at least you have a legitimate reason unlike most of the rest who just don't want to even try mods.

Well as i told you, i don't see the point of blowing this up. Its the first time, i've actually read all the posts in a topic...and i must say im a little disappointed. Mostly because I only see three problems, and none of you are trying to solve them. Therefor you all act like little children, who just want to be right.

1. Respecting each other (i think the whole thing started because of this), If FC wants to play with radar, let them...and respect their wishes. You don't need to play on their servers, nor do you have to convince them to changing it, simply because you dont like it.
2. The whole Tunnle/Radar/Gamespy thingy...Again who wants to use it, uses it...who doesn't, doesn't
3. Not enough recommendation, it's true that if you don't get the recommendation you should get...it's annoying.

Solving stuff:
1. Respecting each other is the basis of everything, do not make this worse then it is...respect FC and FC must respect you.
2. Do not argue about this point, everybody has their own favorite thing...let them have their thing and you yours
3. If it's recommendation you want i can help >D, Recommendation is like a brand...you have to build it up

For example i didn't even know you where a FC guy Phobos, it doesn't show anywhere.
A few tips and tricks to gain a strong brand:
1. Don't change your name, it can destroy everything you've been doing in an instant (take unit for this example, i only recognized him because of his writing style and his avatar)
2. Show off with the brand you want to be having, i use my the Darth and V for Vendetta style in everything i do. (See avatar, sig, lines and other stuff)
If you want people to recognize you to be FC, then do so...make a sig with a big FC sign, put it in your lines and stuff (or when making something say a line like: without my dear collegeas from FC i couldn't have made this happen). Then without even knowing it, people will start to see you as a part of FC and recognize the stuff FC does
And if you make something, don't be afraid to ask something in return. For example making a tutorial...you can ask if you get the recommendation for that in the topic and such.

(i can go on with this for hours, does anybody thinks this is handy stuff?)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse