Attitudes Towards FC

Started by Are§, January 09, 2013, 02:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Buckler on January 09, 2013, 03:37:17 PM
I am trying to think of some reason why this thread should not be locked...Ares, if you have a particular problem with a particular member of this community then please contact them directly.  If you feel that you need my involvement, then you can copy me on the PM. 

If you feel that the entire SWBFgamers.com community is causing problems for you, then make your case for it and we can take it from there.

If there are problems caused by people that do not visit here, then there is not much we can do.

Led, I did not make this post to make a case against anyone or any group. I simply put it out here for people to read and consider what their feelings are about us, and to clear up any misconceptions about us being "cheaters" or people who are trying to ruin the community.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 09, 2013, 04:26:14 PM
Last time I checked Led paid for this site and without it the SWBF community would not be as strong as it is now. You know this to be true. Unless there is an equally active site that you pay for Phobos?  ;)

OK, Kit, please keep in mind there are a lot of SWBF sites, and phobos has made some as well.  I am glad we have the members of this site that we do have here.   I am glad you like it here, but let the site speak for itself please.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Are§ on January 09, 2013, 04:38:33 PM
Led, I did not make this post to make a case against anyone or any group. I simply put it out here for people to read and consider what their feelings are about us, and to clear up any misconceptions about us being "cheaters" or people who are trying to ruin the community.

OK, keep in mind that as passionate that you are about playing the game "your way" there are people just as passionate about playing the game "their way".
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Joseph on January 09, 2013, 04:41:03 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I'm with Scorpion
:rofl: Lol

Quote from: Buckler on January 09, 2013, 04:40:41 PM
OK, Kit, please keep in mind there are a lot of SWBF sites, and phobos has made some as well.  I am glad we have the members of this site that we do have here.   I am glad you like it here, but let the site speak for itself please.
Ok, well I'll back out of this topic now since I have no public view on FC.
I just didn't wanted people hatin' on you Led for creating this awesome site. :)

I share Scorpion's view for the rest of the topic!  :cheers:

I don't know any player that is not thankful for the work of Led and Phobos. They have both contributed greatly to the community. Is there any reason to say one has contributed more than the other?

I can see sides of both arguments. Sometimes FC members can be rude to other players. This I know, because sadly I have done it before. However, FC is also a clan that people continuously use as a target to ridicule. So there are problems on both sides. I would like to apologize for any comments that have upset players, and I plan to change this now. I will also encourage other FC players to do the same. I would also hope that other players can stop attacking FC players and provoking them.

We have to stop fracturing this community. I want to continue SWBF as it is for as long as possible. So let's all compromise and try to be better SWBF citizens to each other. Who's with me?

Perhaps the post I'm looking for has since been deleted, but I know for certain that I saw a post by one of the high ranks like JediKiller saying that Buckler single-handedly saved the swbf multiplayer community after gamespy shut down. I know I saw this post but can't find it with the search tool.

January 09, 2013, 04:59:33 PM #23 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:01:46 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man

I'm with Scorpion and Joseph here. :P

Quote from: SirPimped on January 09, 2013, 04:44:26 PM
I don't know any player that is not thankful for the work of Led and Phobos. They have both contributed greatly to the community. Is there any reason to say one has contributed more than the other?

I can see sides of both arguments. Sometimes FC members can be rude to other players. This I know, because sadly I have done it before. However, FC is also a clan that people continuously use as a target to ridicule. So there are problems on both sides. I would like to apologize for any comments that have upset players, and I plan to change this now. I will also encourage other FC players to do the same. I would also hope that other players can stop attacking FC players and provoking them.

We have to stop fracturing this community. I want to continue SWBF as it is for as long as possible. So let's all compromise and try to be better SWBF citizens to each other. Who's with me?

I'm.I just think it's funny that many of those who are anti-radar ( not saying that i like or use,i just dont care about it much) are the ones that doesn't even really play the game or are affected by it.Have you guys fought in duels or wars against people that use them? Well i did so many times and i don't see what's so bad about it,i like to see it as a challenge that makes me think more when moving and fighting.Sincerely...

Quote from: Disciple on January 09, 2013, 05:37:26 PM
I'm.I just think it's funny that many of those who are anti-radar ( not saying that i like or use,i just dont care about it much) are the ones that doesn't even really play the game or are affected by it.Have you guys fought in duels or wars against people that use them? Well i did so many times and i don't see what's so bad about it,i like to see it as a challenge that makes me think more when moving and fighting.Sincerely...

Lol well I'll just throw this out there

Quote from: Sun Tzu: The Art Of WarIf you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

Now just look at that quote from a SWBF radar perspective, and it all makes sense (to me).

Quote from: Disciple on January 09, 2013, 05:37:26 PM

I've played this game for 5 years, obviously I don't play it as much as I used to. I stick around though, mostly for the occasional cloud city match and tournaments.

Tournament play takes up most of my SWBF time, and when I join them I'm met with an array of mods. It absolutely affects me, and many others.

I understand people like a challenge, but let's be honest, when you're going into a duel the goal is to win. If you're in a fight with a guy on steroids, you're at a disadvantage from the moment the fight starts. This gives you less of a chance to win, just because you're playing honestly. I'd rather have everything equal from the get go, and if the other team/person wins, then so be it, they've won on fair terms.

But in the past few weeks, I've been fighting against anything but fair play. I don't understand why playing the game vanilla in tournaments, and in other people's servers, is such a difficult concept for people to comprehend. I don't care what FC does on their servers, or what they do in single player. But when I'm facing a guy with no brush and constant radar, it's just as game breaking as a guy sitting in the wall, shooting everything that moves outside.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

January 09, 2013, 06:00:01 PM #27 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:01:40 PM by Disciple
Quote from: Droideclaus on January 09, 2013, 05:53:06 PM
I've played this game for 5 years, obviously I don't play it as much as I used to. I stick around though, mostly for the occasional cloud city match and tournaments.

Tournament play takes up most of my SWBF time, and when I join them I'm met with an array of mods. It absolutely affects me, and many others.

I understand people like a challenge, but let's be honest, when you're going into a duel the goal is to win. If you're in a fight with a guy on steroids, you're at a disadvantage from the moment the fight starts. This gives you less of a chance to win, just because you're playing honestly. I'd rather have everything equal from the get go, and if the other team/person wins, then so be it, they've won on fair terms.

But in the past few weeks, I've been fighting against anything but fair play. I don't understand why playing the game vanilla in tournaments, and in other people's servers, is such a difficult concept for people to comprehend. I don't care what FC does on their servers, or what they do in single player. But when I'm facing a guy with no brush and constant radar, it's just as game breaking as a guy sitting in the wall, shooting everything that moves outside.

I understand your point of view,the only thing i can't understand is that people talk as if radar were an auto-aim hack,as i said,i don't use it,one guy outside FC asked if i wanted to have it,i said: No,thanks.Even though, i won duels playing against people that have radar (and i'm not a really good player) .The point is,if the guy who is using radar,dont press the button on the mouse to kill you,does radar mod makes any difference? (again,i understand what you said there)

I understand the first subject of this thread, and I honestly want to say that it's certain members I got mad at back when you all seemed to have hated me. Like Kishan for example, who many times I asked for a fair duel and he would still come in Cheap-mods-a-blazin. And the member Grim, who attacked me for commenting on your guestbook. (HINT THE WORD "GUEST" IN GUESTBOOK. Honestly nobody seems to follow that anymore and just uses them as chats...) But still, there are certain things I do have against FC that unless I get an apology, I don't see at all why I shouldn't hold those.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

January 09, 2013, 06:11:17 PM #29 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:14:18 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Nobility on January 09, 2013, 06:06:30 PM
Cheap-mods-a-blazin.
What's so cheap about a mod that can be easily downloaded and installed from this forum?

Quote from: Droideclaus on January 09, 2013, 05:53:06 PM
I disagree. No brush and radar mods are available for all players, how is it unfair? Sitting in a wallhack is unfair because you can kill anyone who tries to enter the glitch, making you 'invincible'. That is not the case with no-brush, skin mods, radar. They are advantages that every player has a choice whether or not to use. They do not provide you with invincibility, only a tactical advantage which can fairly be countered by the opponent.

Your choice to not use mods is fine, but calling it unfair that other players have a choice to use them, and choose to do so is not fine. If you want to say its unfair because you 'dont know how' to install them, add me on xfire and i will walk you through the process step by step. If you don't want to use mods, its unfair to say everyone else has to conform to your play style or else they are cheaters.