Attitudes Towards FC

Started by Are§, January 09, 2013, 02:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I kindly ask members to read and consider this.

The increasing hostility of members of this community towards the clan of FC is really quite atrocious to me. With the dwindling number of players active in the game, I see no place for this hostility to be taking place. It is true that we are a clan with some prolific modders, who take pride in being good at what they do, and by no means want to hurt the community with the mods that they make (actually quite the contrary). Though some people, not naming names, feel the need to call us out as cheaters or hackers for what we do; completely disregarding all of the contributions that we have made to the community, especially the ground breaking work of Phobos. 

All I'm trying to say here is that people need to stop looking at us as the "bad guys" of the SWBF community, and mature to the point where we can get along.

Thank you for your time.

I wont never say FC is bad i got kicked out but i guess its my fault but i dont see you as the bad guys Okay i think your a good clan your also Legit i know you guys are a very nice people and if your mean im pretty sure your only mean cause people are being mean to you, all of you people making "FUN" of the Great Clan FC SHAME On you   :rant: Fc is a very good clan and good modders AreS/Fate is right..

I've modded games for probably longer than anyone in [FC] and I can tell you I have never met people like you before. Hey, I'm not questioning not you use in your servers, it's up to you what you use in them. You feel like you need radar to up your game in your sever. I nor anyone else should question it. You pay for them, you decide what you want in them. Just keep those out of other peoples serves unless they have given you permission to use them. If they haven't you should leave them at bay.

Just so we are clear, I have no problem with what you use on your servers. Neither should anyone else.

I see Phobos work easily and his contributions. (Hence why he has a modder of the month award.) But enlighten me what contributions has [FC] made to benefit the community as a whole?

January 09, 2013, 03:08:04 PM #3 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:09:39 PM by Darth Verik
Look, i don't give a crack about any of SWBF's alliances/clan/wartribes/flowerpowerpeople or any other so called SWBF community...
All i care for is having a good time.

A few tips on how to have a good time:
1. Respect each other, the one is arrogant, the other cranky. The game will still be played even without you.
1.1 Do not divide the community by a arguing. What has been said, has been said. He has to make an explanation or excuse why he made it, and you have to forgive and understand why he said that.
1.2 Do not ban or exclude anybody, not only will it make that person very angry, it'll also make his friends angry...conclusion: Banning divides
1.3 Definition of fun (first result of google): "Enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure: "anyone who turns up can join in the fun"."
Enjoyment, amusement or pleasure is not made by you alone!
Everything you do was made by somebody else, the computer in front of you, the game your playing, the people your playing the game with...THEY ARE THE ONES who make YOUR fun possible.
Do not take away the fun of somebody else! (see section 1)
1.4 Do not make things worse then they are, if you blow something up it will become something worse then you want it to be. If you have a problem with somebody saying something...say it to them alone, because if you don't do that, they feel like they have to stand ground in front of the group (social pressure)
1.5 Have fun yourself, if your having a bad day, don't take it out on somebody else

[spoiler] Btw...i made these up...i don't even know if they contribute to the conversation...but whatever [/spoiler]

[spoiler] you wouldn't say it...but ima right wing person, just making that clear [/spoiler]

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

@Sleepkiller
FC has played a large part in keeping this community alive after the shutting down of the gamespy servers. Not to mention, many more players would have gone inactive if it had not been for FC recruiting them and coming up with ways to make the game more fun.

And the only reason we ban people from our servers is because they do or say things that make them undeserving of playing in them. If you are going to come in our server and talk crap, you'll get banned. If you come in our servers and crash them, you'll get banned. It is a privilege, not a right.

I am trying to think of some reason why this thread should not be locked...Ares, if you have a particular problem with a particular member of this community then please contact them directly.  If you feel that you need my involvement, then you can copy me on the PM. 

If you feel that the entire SWBFgamers.com community is causing problems for you, then make your case for it and we can take it from there.

If there are problems caused by people that do not visit here, then there is not much we can do.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I honestly have no problem with FC. In fact, back when I just a joined AaTc I remember playing against FC players quite a lot. They were really fun. I'll admit, I play for fun and some play for the game. It's obvious that FC is one of the more competitive clans but that isn't bad. I think that this "hate" has spawned from the rift between FC and one of the clans (I have forgotten the name).

January 09, 2013, 03:56:43 PM #7 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:03:45 PM by Phobos
Quote from: SleepKiller on January 09, 2013, 03:04:02 PM
I see Phobos work easily and his contributions. (Hence why he has a modder of the month award.) But enlighten me what contributions has [FC] made to benefit the community as a whole?
You seem to forget I was the one who discovered Tunngle for swbf1 and wrote a VLAN Tutorial, even before the gamespy server shut down. Now I know how you and several others want to give Buckler all the credit for saving swbf, be my guest but we all know what the truth is. Led found how to make Tunngle work on NFO servers, and set up the first GameRanger server, but the fact is both of us have done a lot to save the swbf online community.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206205

A lot of clans hate us because we are for radar not against it, that is their choice. What other clans think of us is also their choice, just as banning them from our servers is our choice.

What exactly are you trying to prove? FC is not going anywhere, we are staying in SWBF1 as long as possible. We will continue to contribute mods, tournaments, tutorials, and other valuable things to the swbf community, and we will continue to play the style we enjoy most. I can't remember the last time I have seen this forum go 48 hours without someone complaining about radar, cheats, hacks or something else about how others choose to play SWBF. It's sad but what can we do about it? Nothing.

January 09, 2013, 04:00:08 PM #8 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:10:52 PM by Buckler
Quote from: Phobos on January 09, 2013, 03:56:43 PM
You seem to forget I was the one who discovered Tunngle for swbf1 and wrote a VLAN Tutorial, even before the gamespy server shut down. Now you want to give Buckler all the credit for it, be my guest but we all know what the truth is.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206205

SK may have worded that a bit awkwardly, but he was saying that it is easy to see your contributions.  Nothing in what he said mentioned my name at all--so I don't know how you get that out of it.

BTW, here is the How To Tunngle link on the front page and stickied on the forum that gives you full credit for discovering how to use Tunngle to play SWBF:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5511.0

As I write this, it has been viewed more than 2200 times.

Can you find any post that gives me all the credit?  If you do, I will edit it.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Roxas on January 09, 2013, 03:47:45 PM
I honestly have no problem with FC. In fact, back when I just a joined AaTc I remember playing against FC players quite a lot. They were really fun. I'll admit, I play for fun and some play for the game. It's obvious that FC is one of the more competitive clans but that isn't bad. I think that this "hate" has spawned from the rift between FC and one of the clans (I have forgotten the name).
Wusi.

Quote from: Buckler on January 09, 2013, 04:00:08 PM
SK may have worded that a bit awkwardly, but he was saying that it is easy to see your contributions.  Nothing in what he said mentioned my name at all--so I don't know how you get that out of it.
It was something either JediKiller or SleepKiller posted a few weeks ago, I'll try to find the post.

Okay I have to fly so I will say this quick. Yes it is easy for me to forget that since I already knew about Tunngle and its capabilities before I knew about your tutorial on it. I don't discredit you on anything though.

Quote from: SleepKiller on January 09, 2013, 04:13:42 PM
Okay I have to fly so I will say this quick. Yes it is easy for me to forget that since I already knew about Tunngle and its capabilities before I knew about your tutorial on it. I don't discredit you on anything though.
Thanks for not discrediting me, and I would consider posting that tutorial to be
"a contribution that FC has made to benefit the community as a whole"

Last time I checked Led paid for this site and without it the SWBF community would not be as strong as it is now. You know this to be true. Unless there is an equally active site that you pay for Phobos?  ;)

When I first looked at this thread, I thought:

Now that people have posted in it:
You know that's right.