ICW2 Conclusion; A Proposal

Started by Oven, January 16, 2013, 08:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: SirPimped on January 17, 2013, 11:50:35 AM
Think of it as a way to encourage clans to participate on a weekly basis. It will basically be like standings with wins, losses, winning percentage, etc. I think this would get clans more involved. There would never be a winner, just a top of the standings kind of thing.
For me (being fairly competetive) that just puts more pressure on me to be at the battles even if I dont really want to be >.<

I like the idea of something long term being involved, the problem with a scoreboard is that once a team gets a large lead theres no point trying to beat it as it could mean having to win every battle for a month just to be even although I agree some sort of record should be kept.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {212}Lt.Com Johnis on January 17, 2013, 07:55:01 AM
What does an admin have to do.I know its a stupid question but I have never been one so Idk.If All they have to do is keep the peace during the match.Nvm I'll over heat during a map reset.
They govern the match
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 17, 2013, 12:25:42 PM
I like the idea of something long term being involved, the problem with a scoreboard is that once a team gets a large lead theres no point trying to beat it as it could mean having to win every battle for a month just to be even although I agree some sort of record should be kept.
Well it could be based on winning percentage instead. But I just want something to get people to actually care. Because if what nixo said is true for some people, they won't even want to have battles each week.

January 17, 2013, 04:11:58 PM #19 Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:27:52 PM by Agent Z
Here's an off-the-wall idea.

What if people simply signed up to compete with/against with a random group of players for a match? The time, day, map, era, and admin could be previously set (by Oven?) and anyone interested just needs to say so.

For example, let's pretend there was a planned battle this Saturday at 3:00 PM CST on Utapau: Sinkhole (CW). Let's say a post was made for the match and that 10 people (5 on each team) posted stating that they want to participate in the match and they are very certain they can make it. From there, Oven would randomly put them on a specific team and then boom, an organized match has been made.

The reason I had this idea was because it gets somewhat tiring playing with or against the same people all the time. Why not mix it up and play with someone you have only competed against or vice versa?

This would also encourage all SWBF players to get involved without worrying about any clan issues.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to finally fight alongside other players :-P

I like the idea Sha-Zam, that way if smaller clans can't get whole teams at least they can still play.

To keep people interested you could have personal stats of game wins and losses.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

That's a fantastic idea, Agent Z. We could have at least 1 or 2 battles per week that is open to anyone who shows up, and which has default ICW rules and so forth, plus an admin.

Dividing into teams could even be done last minute, in the buffer map, so that anyone who is online at the time can come and play.

As for standings, I'm unsure. I'm tempted to leave that to the clans to keep track of. Keeping an official ranking will not influence the clans that don't care, and the clans that do care will probably keep track anyway. But we'll see.

Quote from: Oven on January 17, 2013, 06:56:47 PM
As for standings, I'm unsure. I'm tempted to leave that to the clans to keep track of. Keeping an official ranking will not influence the clans that don't care, and the clans that do care will probably keep track anyway. But we'll see.

I think we should have some sort of scoreboard to post the top 5 player's KDR averaged from all of the battles they've been in. This would promote everyone to try their hardest in all of the battles, but if they don't do so well they won't need to worry about their KDR average being shown until it gets higher and make the top 5.

Quote from: Oven on January 17, 2013, 06:56:47 PM
is open to anyone who shows up, and which has default ICW rules and so forth, plus an admin.

I can come to all games :)
{If im not meeting ppl or doing hw or those things..
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Agent Z on January 18, 2013, 04:36:01 AM
I think we should have some sort of scoreboard to post the top 5 player's KDR averaged from all of the battles they've been in. This would promote everyone to try their hardest in all of the battles, but if they don't do so well they won't need to worry about their KDR average being shown until it gets higher and make the top 5.
But I think for some people, they will just try to get a better individual score, rather than try to win for the team.

Quote from: SirPimped on January 18, 2013, 09:57:25 AM
But I think for some people, they will just try to get a better individual score, rather than try to win for the team.

I agree, many players would just camp to get a better KDR. I don't know how, but perhaps adding their CP capture count into the scoreboard would solve that.

Quote from: Agent Z on January 18, 2013, 04:25:46 PM
I agree, many players would just camp to get a better KDR. I don't know how, but perhaps adding their CP capture count into the scoreboard would solve that.
Back when PLA servers had between 20 – 32 players, I would use a certain way to grade myself for performance. I used 1 point for kills, -1 for deaths, and 3 points for CPs. Maybe something like that?

Quote from: SirPimped on January 18, 2013, 10:23:18 PM
Back when PLA servers had between 20 – 32 players, I would use a certain way to grade myself for performance. I used 1 point for kills, -1 for deaths, and 3 points for CPs. Maybe something like that?
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's done that, I did that for about 5 years when I played splitscreen with my brother to avoid arguments. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 19, 2013, 04:02:33 AM
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's done that, I did that for about 5 years when I played splitscreen with my brother to avoid arguments. :)
Split screen on PC???