ICW2 question

Started by Helios, November 30, 2012, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnis the latest I can play is 10pm so a battle would have to start 9:30 latest GMT for me to participate. This is 4:30 est but even this is pushing it :(

Johns remark is mystifying given the fact that all or almost all ICW daytime battles were on the weekend..do you have school on the weekend? Do you have school during winter break?

Quote from: Joseph on December 06, 2012, 10:48:04 AM
Johns remark is mystifying given the fact that all or almost all ICW daytime battles were on the weekend..do you have school on the weekend? Do you have school during winter break?

High school's and middle school's winter breaks tend to start after the winter breaks of an institution of higher education.

And end earlier, usually. Still, the day games were on the weekend so it shouldn't be much of an issue, just as before

So how many clans are interested in ICW2? I can say with certainty that FC is.

I am certainly interested. Since there would be a sharp decline in clans/players, would people be apposed to fighting smaller battles (5 v 5 or around that), with no reinforcement bleed, etc.? I think it would be more fun to focus on fighting rather than capping cps. Just my opinion.

I have yet to do the rounds of interrogating everyone I know on xfire, but based on the responses here it looks like a second tournament is possible.

How does a 4-week tournament, starting the weekend of Dec. 21-23 and concluding the weekend of Jan. 11-13, sound? The first half should overlap with the time when most secondary schools are off of school.

Also, a couple of people have mentioned the possibility of converting the tournament into a small "squad-based" war. I would strongly prefer for this not to happen — my heart pines for the glory days of large-scale clan battles; this desire was satisfied during the ICW; the player base from the ICW seems to mostly be on Tunngle; therefore I don't see a need to make this change.

However, there's no reason for all the battles in the ICW2 to be of the same nature. I will write the rules for/organize the ICW2 on the weekend before Week 1, i.e., two weekends from now; later today, I will create an ICW2 suggestions thread where we can discuss potential modifications. For example, there could be large battles that are CP-based and have a 12v12 max, and small battles that are no-CP and only 5v5 max.

How many of the admins can return to help?

Quote from: sirpimped on December 06, 2012, 01:12:30 PM
I am certainly interested. Since there would be a sharp decline in clans/players, would people be apposed to fighting smaller battles (5 v 5 or around that), with no reinforcement bleed, etc.? I think it would be more fun to focus on fighting rather than capping cps. Just my opinion.

I would support that idea. Capturing cp's and just an all out kill to zero tickets is a completely different game.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on December 06, 2012, 10:50:55 AM
High school's and middle school's winter breaks tend to start after the winter breaks of an institution of higher education.

Said like a sir ^^  8)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: Joseph on December 06, 2012, 10:48:04 AM
I am homeschooled and don't get winter break but I think I could make it at 4 est it depends on the work load for the day.I will be away for the week-end of the 29th--the 3rd Jan so if I can't  make anything there is always one in the summer
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

I think 5 on 5 would be best but with a rule that each team could add equal amounts if they agreed. If there were CPs I'm definately in if not I don't like playing 1.0 but I will still try.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

OK, I would like a definitive list of participating clans by this Saturday, Dec. 15 at midnight EST.
Am I correct in assuming that FC, 212, and YAK will be returning, at the very least?

Too bad about Alpha; Jamman, does your remark mean that WUSI will be participating as a clan this time? Or just as a part of YAK? I would greatly prefer the former, if it can be done. If anyone can give me the xfires of other potentially interested clans, on either side of the pond, please don't hesitate.

I would also really, really like to have PLA participate. What say you, Buckler?

Here's that ICW Suggestions thread I mentioned.

[FC] will participate.

I don't like the Maze map because Jets always sit on top and can easily guard the outer CPs from being captured, it seems too imbalanced IMO.

There are some cool mod maps that could be added but most important is to make sure they will work with dedicated hosting tools first.

Both coruscant maps should go, and maybe add naboo?

Quote from: Phobos on December 10, 2012, 07:58:48 PM
[FC] will participate.

I don't like the Maze map because Jets always sit on top and can easily guard the outer CPs from being captured, it seems too imbalanced IMO.

There are some cool mod maps that could be added but most important is to make sure they will work with dedicated hosting tools first.

Both coruscant maps should go, and maybe add naboo?
Yes PLA should join who doesn't like squashing Scorpions or breaking light bulbs. :D
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.