ICW2 question

Started by Helios, November 30, 2012, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
anyone have an idea of when there will be ICW 2: The Sequel?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Good question.

It's only been a few months since the ICW ended, but the shutdown of the SWBF master servers means that we are in a dramatically changed landscape. Some weeks ago, before the shutdown, I asked my advisors to give their opinion on when the best time for an ICW2 would be. In particular, I was weighing these two options:

--waiting until next summer, or
--having a (potentially reduced in scope timewise) tournament this Christmas/winter, designed to largely overlap with the time when students are off school.

There are good reasons why one, both, or neither of these scenarios will eventuate. Although I am more than willing to oversee the ICW2 in either case, whether or not it happens depends on the community. Personally, I see no reason not to have one. But I need input in this thread.

The major contenders in the ICW were, essentially, 212, FC, and YAK/ELK. That's fine. But my plans were always for the ICW2 to be even larger and more grandiose than the ICW, and I won't let recent events attenuate those plans! Specifically: I would love to see PLA join. I would love to see Alpha join. I would love to see GGR join. I would love to see WUSI join. The more people we can haul onto Tunngle/GR to participate, the better, of course.

I did all the work (just short of playing) for a couple of the clans in the ICW, which I was more than happy to do then, because there was a concept to be proved -- that a tournament of this scale was still possible. This time around, I'd rather not do that; I would expect all clans to at least have some presence on these forums in order to fulfill the roles outlined in the rules.

As before, the structure of the ICW2 is debateable and modifiable. That will come later; right now I would just like to get an idea of how the community feels. And by all means, evangelize! Was the ICW fun for you? Tell everyone (yes, I mean literally everyone, including non-SWBF players) on your xfire list. Other clans that don't really hang 'round these parts will be more easily convinced if they have multiple confederates preaching the good word, instead of just me.

Sorry to say, but Alpha Clan is moving to SWBF2. Although a few of us have Tunngle, it wouldn't be enough to fully fight in a war. Sorry.

I would love to see another ICW and I would do anything to help make it happen. Maybe for this Christmas break we could have an ICW Beta or something. It wouldn't have to be as big scale as the first since we wouldn't have as much time. But it would be a step into a huge scale ICW 2 for summer 2013  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: Oven on November 30, 2012, 04:13:27 PM
The major contenders in the ICW were, essentially, 212, FC, and YAK/ELK. That's fine. But my plans were always for the ICW2 to be even larger and more grandiose than the ICW, and I won't let recent events attenuate those plans! Specifically: I would love to see PLA join. I would love to see Alpha join. I would love to see GGR join. I would love to see WUSI join. The more people we can haul onto Tunngle/GR to participate, the better, of course.

WUSI is dead along with GRR
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

Ya a beta ICW sounds good for Winter break.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I think that realistically speaking the only clans that could field the members now would be PLA, 212, FC and a YAK type team and the maximum players for each battle would need to be around 5 or 6 instead. It' spossible some German clans would join, I don't know what sort of numbers 21 and Enten have but it would be nice to get everyone playing together.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

There are some Wusi members who still play with the Tunngle that were in Elk or Yak last time that would probably play weekly in the tournament. I know a few of them are trying to get active on swbf badly, so this might be the ticket for them.

December 05, 2012, 10:00:25 AM #8 Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:02:15 AM by JohnisofLU
Another ICW sounds good to me.This time 212 can give FC a run for there money.Can the battles be later in the day though because some of us that were in Yak (Me,and Frost)will still have school on those days.I do understand that it can't be to late because Euro clans.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Quote from: JohnisofLU on December 05, 2012, 10:00:25 AM
Another ICW sounds good to me.This time 212 can give FC a run for there money.Can the battles be later in the day though because some of us that were in Yak (Me,and Frost)will still have school on those days.I do understand that it can't be to late because Euro clans.
Hahaha your funny, FC got stronger since the last ICW
Bye Vixo :p

Heh^^, i hope our top players come at the same time....Your'e Elite Your'e. :P

Quote from: {212}MartyClaus on December 05, 2012, 03:18:03 PM
Heh^^, i hope our top players come at the same time....Your'e Elite Your'e. :P
Lol, fine.... You talked me into it :D

Lol, what top player?

I'm not Vixo.And I ment it in a nice way with so few clan why can't we just all get along.I mean come on guys its time to grow-up the past is past get over it. Why can't we just have fun
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Quote from: JohnisofLU on December 05, 2012, 06:04:57 PM
I'm not Vixo.And I ment it in a nice way with so few clan why can't we just all get along.I mean come on guys its time to grow-up the past is past get over it. Why can't we just have fun

^^ 8 times infinity this ^^

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins