ICW awards

Started by Led, September 09, 2012, 05:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Congratulations to FC for winning the ICW.

Thanks to Oven for starting this up, and for all the participants.

I would like to get the FC members that are registered here an award.  I would also like to give the participants awards.

If someone wants to take a shot at making the award, please supply me with PNG files in the following sizes:

30 x 24 for display in profile
300 x 240 for display in awards section

I request that the files have "ICW 1" listed on it.  (Here's to hoping we have a second  :cheers: )
You can put something else on it to distinguish the winner or participant status.  If no one comes up with a design, I will use my simple award design  :P

Please help me list all the FC and all the participants that should get awards:

FC
------------

participants
---------------

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

September 10, 2012, 09:47:18 AM #1 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:53:47 AM by Oven
I will use this thread as a conclusion for the first Intergalactic Clan War.

First of all, congratulations to the Freelancer Consortium for not only winning the ICW, but doing so in fine style — by capturing every single planet on the map and thereby eliminating every other participating clan. It was a pleasure watching you guys play.

Indeed, it was a pleasure watching every clan play. 212 did quite well and had a great clan turnout for most events; at this point in Battlefront's history, this is a thing to be very proud of. 212 will certainly continue to be a major force in the online Battlefront community for a long time.

YAK brought a special faction to the tournament: a "pickup" team that accepted anyone who wanted to play in the tournament. I hope that this will serve as a standard for any future clan tournaments for the obvious reason that it greatly increases the diversity and number of players who are able to enjoy the pleasures of competitive play. Moreover, it increases the profile of the tournament by bringing it "to the public" and not leaving it to those who happen to be in a participating clan.

This tournament would have been absolutely impossible without the efforts of Black&Orange Scorpion, Epifire, Jamman, and Wild — this fine admin team never failed to impress me with their willingness to help and their leadership abilities. Buckler gets his own sentence for not only hosting our fantastic servers every week, but for stepping in for admin duties when he was needed, despite having no obligation to do so. Regent was our talented map-maker; it's safe to say that he has made the finest tournament map the game has ever seen. Be sure to thank each of these individuals personally if you have the chance.

I would also like to thank those individuals from participating clans who were active in these forums and over xfire. You know who you are. Your activity and desire to have the best tournament possible was also necessary for the ICW to succeed.

I hope everyone had fun!

September 10, 2012, 09:58:16 AM #2 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:01:19 AM by Sha-Zam
Quote from: Buckler on September 09, 2012, 05:37:05 PM
I would also like to give the participants awards.

"Participants" being everyone who was involved in the ICW? I have a list of YAK/ELK's members:
Quote from: Sha-Zam on July 16, 2012, 01:17:50 PM
UPDATED LIST:
[spoiler]
YAK Members:            Xfire Usernames:
- Sha-Zam                   scoutz2436
- gdh92                       gdh92)                         
- Van STING                vansting                 
- Droideka                   jmsdroideka                   
- Daniel                       nemo6741                                             
- Ecko                         crazyfeet18                 
- Regent                      ansifen                   
- Mike                          mikemyersucf 
- Penguin                     jpdpenguincommando                   
- Snake                        aatcsnake
- BabyEater                  rlctmount
- Dstrabizmus               dbiz
- ComJohnis                 johnisoflu
- ComFrost                   wisefrozenthunder               
- ComCody                   4comcody
- 4lbbream                   4lbbream
- Gold Man                   goldman27
- First Class                  firstclass32
[/spoiler]

The above list only consists of YAK members that have been to one or more ICW battles.  If you have been to an ICW battle as a YAK or ELK member and your name is not up there, please let me know by sending me a PM.

That is everyone, as far as I know. If someone gets the time, they could look through all of the end-game screenshots for all the matches and make a list of all of the members. I think that would be the most accurate way of doing it.

EDIT: Oh, if someone does what I suggested, you will need to PM me the list you have made for YAK/ELK because many of them went by alternate names for fun. I know who they were (most of the time...) since they were suppost to tell me who they were. :P

Thank you Oven for putting this tournament together. Even though I only played the last few weeks, I had a blast! By far the most exciting and well organized tournament I have seen in my 8 years playing. I have a big thanks to Buckler for hosting all those servers! Thanks to all the admins for doing a great job, staying neutral, and following the rules. Playing 212 and YAK was a lot of fun. I hope we can have battles more often, because it really keeps my interest in this game.

SirPimped / Weapon X

How about a prize for making the map every week  :champ:?

No really, thanks to you folks for hosting and making this tourney work, despite losing most battles I felt that I still had fun, so it must have been buckets of fun for the winners!

September 10, 2012, 12:29:06 PM #5 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:58:30 PM by {212}Mart
Yes, Thanks for hosting servers Led and Oven for making the tournment :cheers: Here is the 212 list , i might add some more later when i get home : Nixo, Norris, Arrow, Evosoul (Iceman), Windows, Adamus, Sammy(yodasam), AE, Vaporix( RealSteel), Hero, Lando, Tiger, PuRReboy, Kev1, Hond, Anime....most may not have profiles on here so.... :P    Edit:  :slap: 212.bobby, 212.fabi978, 212.Maxii and me {212}Mart :happy: Jr too, on the site he goes as WusiJr

September 10, 2012, 12:30:23 PM #6 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:13:05 PM by Joseph
AreS
disciple
doodle511
elite
joseph
niño
phobos
sirpimped

I think these are all the FC who have accounts here but I could be missing someone

September 10, 2012, 12:35:46 PM #7 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:59:25 PM by {212}Mart
You forgot Elite :shrug:, you also forgot Disciple, Signal, Darman and NaChO  ;)

Quote from: Joseph on September 10, 2012, 12:30:23 PM
doodle511
elite
joseph
niño
phobos
sirpimped

I think these are all the FC who have accounts here but I could be missing someone
You forgot Fate, too. ;) He's AreS on the site.

Thanks for letting me have the opportunity to be an ICW Admin, Oven. The matches I watched over were always very intense and I had a great time watching these fine individuals strut their stuff. Sorry I wasn't on during the last couple weeks, I've been a busy beaver. I look forward to hearing about the ICW 2. :cheers:

disciple is an admin??

No it was put on accident i think  :confused:

Thanks A Ton Oven , Buckler, Regent and the Admins  :D If there is anything i could do to help out with ICW ll Look me up  ;) Great Job to FC it was a great battle. Also to Yak and all the other competitors  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Oh and 212 BenUrland just made an account and P9901 or something like that is 212 AE :D