Previous topic - Next topic

Who wants a Match Judge?

Yes
7 (50%)
No
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 09, 2012, 01:22:56 PM
Can you disable bleed by using a command?

Mission lua mod, but it can be server side.  However, I would suggest using a mod map anyway.

I can make the mission lua for you.  It would not be difficult for me with a stock map.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Can you make a server side mod for Mos Eisley, Cloud City and Rhen Var? Theres no hurry it's just when you have time. I would rather not have any downloads since it would be nice to encourage new players. If glitching becomes a problem we'll have to consider mod maps and I've still got to work out a system where we don't need 6 servers at once (3 maps for 1on1 and 3 for 4on4).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Well Gdh92 i think we should have a modded map so no glitching or hacks can be used.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Commando Sev on August 09, 2012, 02:41:25 PM
Well Gdh92 i think we should have a modded map so no glitching or hacks can be used.

No glitching mods are possible, but are very time consuming to make.  I don't think you will be able
to get any modder to make more anti-glitch maps these days, although SleepKiller made a good one for cloud city.

Sounds like what you need is a THX 1138 mod ie a pure white surface extending forever

Seriously though, is glitching even attractive in the slightest? Does it really offer any serious advantage? All it would take is a screenshot to nullify the match if someone glitches anyway

By all means remove bleed/cps/etc, but i reach for my guns when people blanketly say "no hacks". You can't control all the variables without ruining the fun. That should be taken into consideration I think.

August 09, 2012, 04:52:48 PM #50 Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:57:25 PM by Commando Sev
Well i guess we could have a match judge, to make sure no one cheats or hacks. Lets take a vote

Quote from: FC.Ldr.Joseph on August 09, 2012, 04:36:17 PM

By all means remove bleed/cps/etc, but i reach for my guns when people blanketly say "no hacks". You can't control all the variables without ruining the fun. That should be taken into consideration I think.

I think something close to an even playing field is always appreciated by tournament players.  Maybe we could give everyone the radar hack on a mod map since we can't control who uses it or not.

To me, I don't think it would be fun on a 1v1 if only one side had it.

August 09, 2012, 07:33:48 PM #52 Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:43:31 PM by FC.Joseph
Quote from: Commando Sev on August 09, 2012, 04:52:48 PM
Well i guess we could have a match judge, to make sure no one cheats or hacks. Lets take a vote
I have an idea. make both players take screenshots in the server and upload them to xfire for inspection before the match starts. they would need to take pictures for all units, primary and secondary weapon, zoomed and unzoomed, to make sure they are not using minimap or other "hacks".

I would like your thoughts on the saneness of this idea.

also, I the tourney should absolutely be set up so that no admin is needed if possible. it makes things so much easier, reduces the difficulty of scheduling to an absolute minimum, and generally reduces headache.

Quote from: FC.Joseph on August 09, 2012, 07:33:48 PM

also, I the tourney should absolutely be set up so that no admin is needed if possible. it makes things so much easier, reduces the difficulty of scheduling to an absolute minimum, and generally reduces headache.

There are many ways to have tournaments.  Somethings are possible, some things are not, and some things are not practical.  But it is good to have the discussion.

August 09, 2012, 09:12:02 PM #54 Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:53:06 PM by Phobos
Quote from: FC.Joseph on August 09, 2012, 07:33:48 PM
I have an idea. make both players take screenshots in the server and upload them to xfire for inspection before the match starts. they would need to take pictures for all units, primary and secondary weapon, zoomed and unzoomed, to make sure they are not using minimap or other "hacks".

I think that many screenshots is going overboard. Also radar is a mod not hack. I think I agree with what Led says about giving it to everyone though. Either force everyone to use it or force everyone not to since people can't seem to agree on having it optional.

led suggested building it into a particular mod somehow, that's a good idea

Well these are both gold ideas. I'll take them up with Gdh92. I'll post our decision as soon as possible.

August 10, 2012, 09:36:13 AM #57 Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:32:17 AM by {PLA}gdh92
It seems quite a few people want mod maps. I would rather keep the tournament accessible so that any one who can play swbf online can join and only have to post in this forum. Hopefully then they will visit this site and start to use mod maps but I wanted this to be a SWBF tournament not a mod map tournament. Without wanting to overcomplicate things maybe we could have a no mod mod map and admins/stricter rules for the top 10.

Sev: We need to find a way to talk in private if you really want to share ideas.
Edit: I've sent you a message on this site. You can send me one by clicking on my profile.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Piliots are also an addvantage unless both sides are the same e.g rep piliot uses some magnetic shot thing that akways hits. So its a good idea for 1.0 rules or same eras

If a mod map is used, it is possible to change the pilot weapon to a shotgun to make it more fair.

Or the tournament participants could all download new sides.