Connection to Host lost error

Started by Vash, August 05, 2014, 01:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, I'm getting this error everytime I try to connect to a server on swbf1, where after loading, a blue box pops up and says "Connection to Host lost." with "Waiting for players" pulsing underneath it. The only thing yo can do from there is press "Ok" and get sent back to the Multyplayer menu. This happens with any server I try to connect to.

I've had similar issues with swbf2, but it occurs only half the time in that game.

Might be related with ur internet
does it happen in any other games ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

That happens with me too,the difference is that i can manage to connect to every server but after like 15 min i get randomly disconnected and need to re-logging.

I get this frequently as well, on SWBF and SWBFII. I've always assumed that it was trouble with my internet.
I just can't seem to stay away...

Could it be an issue with the firewall blocking swbf?

I don't think it's a firewall, As they have all been either disabled or marked to allow battlefront through. My internet is a decent speed, so I doubt it's that. It only happened some of the time
on Battlefront 2, but I only managed to connect to a swbf1 server awhile ago only one.

what type of internet service do you have?

Also, are you using wireless to your PC?

Or powerline adapters?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Normal Cable internet (Verizon)

I'm connected to my router through wi-fi usually, but I have tried using an Ethernet cable to no avail.

No powerline adapters.

Also, not sure if I made it clear, but This problem only happens on SWBF 1 and 2
All other games no problem.

I assume you are running the patches for the new master server?

or are you using a hosts file?

Does this happen in LAN mode or only internet mode?

Do you have any mods installed?

What version of windows do you use?

August 08, 2014, 05:13:08 AM #11 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:17:22 AM by [FC]BoMbeR
Quote from: Led on August 07, 2014, 01:47:10 PM
I assume you are running the patches for the new master server?

or are you using a hosts file?

Does this happen in LAN mode or only internet mode?

Do you have any mods installed?

What version of windows do you use?

I gave him the new master server patch, so I know I didn't give him the host file. This error has occurred for him even with Gamespy SWBF2 not just GameMaster. We've never tried LAN only Internet mode. I've been on team viewer multiple times with him trying to resolve this issue. He has 0 mods installed. He's even tried multiple computers. He has a Windows 7 PC and a Linux laptop and both get this same error. I thought this was a port forwarding issue so I even forwarded his ports and it still happens. I did read where a guy disabled his sound card for SWBF and it stopped giving him the Connection to host lost, I thought disabling the sound card would only fix the crashing on a map loading up. I'll tell him to try this next and see if it fixes.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

The other thing he can look at is getting a new router and/or checking for IP conflicts on his LAN.

Router issues would do this.

August 08, 2014, 08:26:54 AM #13 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:13:02 PM by Ltin
Could he be missing a dll file maybe?
Edit: I fixed it

Quote from: Ltin on August 08, 2014, 08:26:54 AM
Could he be missing a dull file maybe?

A reinstall of the whole game could be done, just in case.