Ignorant Tablet Discussions

Started by SleepKiller, November 18, 2013, 05:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2013, 04:04:51 PM
Even better, get a tablet! What can you do on your computer you can't do on a good tablet besides PC games?
Get out. Now.

No I'm serious. Never say that again.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2013, 04:04:51 PM
Even better, get a tablet! What can you do on your computer you can't do on a good tablet besides PC games?
The only, I mean ONLY reason I even have a computer is to play video games. ;)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Carbon27 on November 18, 2013, 05:10:06 PM
And that's what I meant! Document/presentations are easy to make on a tablet and with the "cloud" there is no need for a flash drive. The average person can do all they need on a tablet. I only use computers to play SWBFI & II.

Also tablets are like 50% cheaper than computers so... :shrug:

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 18, 2013, 05:06:49 PM
Get out. Now.

No I'm serious. Never say that again.
Ah! I've found a point of annoyance! Expect me to make as many SleepKiller-Tablet jokes as possible... :shady:

Just for arguments sake, what do you do on your computer that doesn't have to do with games? Can you do it on a good tablet? (not trying to be confrontational)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2013, 05:23:29 PM
The average person can do all they need on a tablet.

We are all above average here  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Kit FistoJust for arguments sake, what do you do on your computer that doesn't have to do with games? Can you do it on a good tablet? (not trying to be confrontational)

Browse the internet properly. Many websites dont have mobline versions, or their mobile versions suck.
Do more things at once. More ram, more things.
Get betweenn functions faster.
And most importantly
VIDEO GAMES

Now, anyone want to argue? Go get a thread! (See what I did there?)

Im telling you guys a Windows tablet, a BF disc and a flash drive, I actually checked, Windows 8.1 supports BF1  and BF2
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: Carbon27 on November 18, 2013, 05:10:06 PM

Hmm, well, like I said you should try hunting down if anyone else has had a similar issue on some tech support boards besides SWBFGamers. Of course, that is if your computer is not modified at all.

Also, I know you're not looking for a new computer, but you can make a decently good gaming computer for under $300 dollars. Of course, that would mean you couldn't run your settings on high, but you will get to play your games at least. :)

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 18, 2013, 05:31:46 PM
Im telling you guys a Windows tablet, a BF disc and a flash drive, I actually checked, Windows 8.1 supports BF1  and BF2

True, but tablet controls for shooter games aren't exactly the best. :confused: However, racing games aren't too bad on a tablet, I should know from personal experience. :P

get a keyboard

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 18, 2013, 05:32:11 PM
However, racing games aren't too bad on a tablet, I should know from personal experience. :P

What did you just say? They absolutely SUCK. I mean, you either are putting your giant thumbs on the screen, or you are tilting the screen you are watching. Either way, it's too hard to see everything in the game. Unless you get a controller. Anyways what I really posted to say...

While I was trying to post here 5 min ago, my port hub failed. Including my mouse and keyboard. Therefore, I have to turn the PC off by hitting the power off button, which is hurting my system. When this crap starts, it doesn't end. I have a clue why it fails, my precious, yet crappy, steering wheel. It's a system error, not a wheel error. Do I need a driver update? I have looked, but I found nothing to download. Help?

Also, I'm fine with the little bit of off topicness that my topics seem to get, but just try to remember that if my computer explodes, everyone in the world will also die in the explosion. ;)

November 18, 2013, 05:48:53 PM #9 Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:53:42 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 18, 2013, 05:35:21 PM
get a keyboard

I use a keyboard for my iPad 2, but none of the games I have are compatible with it. Besides, using one hand to control your character's movement and the other to control his aim seems a bit overcomplicated.

Quote from: Carbon27 on November 18, 2013, 05:47:12 PM
What did you just say? They absolutely SUCK. I mean, you either are putting your giant thumbs on the screen, or you are tilting the screen you are watching. Either way, it's too hard to see everything in the game. Unless you get a controller. Anyways what I really posted to say...

While I was trying to post here 5 min ago, my port hub failed. Including my mouse and keyboard. Therefore, I have to turn the PC off by hitting the power off button, which is hurting my system. When this crap starts, it doesn't end. I have a clue why it fails, my precious, yet crappy, steering wheel. It's a system error, not a wheel error. Do I need a driver update? I have looked, but I found nothing to download. Help?

Also, I'm fine with the little bit of off topicness that my topics seem to get, but just try to remember that if my computer explodes, everyone in the world will also die in the explosion. ;)

I personally like the racing games. The ones I've played you simply tilt the screen to steer, and the acceleration and braking are done for you. If you want to do those manually, you have the option to do so. :)

As far as steering wheel peripherals go, I don't believe they have driver updates for them. Sort of the downside to those sort of peripherals, they don't always include driver updates. :P

Side note, this is my 1138th post! (If you get that reference ;))

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 18, 2013, 05:23:29 PM
Just for arguments sake, what do you do on your computer that doesn't have to do with games? Can you do it on a good tablet? (not trying to be confrontational)
Programming. Lots of programming.
Also, I seriously doubt XSI7.5 or ZETools have a version that works with a tablet, so I would cross it (a tablet) off my "I want this" list in a heart beat.
--
Everything I do is for the most part only compatible with Windows or Windows7 exclusively, and that's just the way I like it.
--
If I were you, Josh, I'd be working my butt off trying to earn some cold hard cash to get a nice (or just rebuild your current) computer. (I hope to get a nice gaming laptop here soon, Windows7 just doesn't have the power of 3D graphics I need.)

Surface Tablet, it has a keyboard with it so its probably compatible with games

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 18, 2013, 05:51:03 PM
If I were you, Josh, I'd be working my butt off trying to earn some cold hard cash to get a nice (or just rebuild your current) computer. (I hope to get a nice gaming laptop here soon, Windows7 just doesn't have the power of 3D graphics I need.)

Ok, I live in Wisconsin. With all the tornado crap around me, it has made for nasty wind and cold temps. The only people that will pay me are my parents, and that's outside labor.  And a lot of it is too late to do. I'm 14, 90% of jobs in the paper say something like "Must be 18+". I have no way to earn real money. Every summer I do have a way to earn BIG bucks. So we shall see what happens, but I doubt I can find a job.

Anyways, please get on topic. Buckler or any other mod, can you make another topic for this?  ;) Thanks  :cheers:

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 18, 2013, 05:48:53 PM
Side note, this is my 1138th post! (If you get that reference ;))
Aha! ;)

I like the racing games on touch devices. Asphalt8 is amazing with super good graphics (for a phone game) on the 5s.

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 18, 2013, 05:52:34 PM
Surface Tablet, it has a keyboard with it so its probably compatible with games
You have fallen for the advertising! The keyboard with the Surface costs an extra $130. You have fallen for Mircrosoft's failed tablet advertising!  ;) http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/accessories/browse

MICROSOFT!!! :lolabove: