Music possible?

Started by Darth Verik, December 24, 2012, 02:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if it is possible to make a map (for example bespin) in which the background tune is already a song. What i mean to say is: is it possible to put in C.C.R.|AC/DC|Black Sabbath| ABBA|Metallica|Ramstein|Taylor Swift|Johnny Cash| whatever| for example instead of that star wars tune.

It would be cool to play SWBF with a tune on the background, might be cool...idk if it is cool....do you think it might be cool?

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Yes it is actually quite possible! Go to options, turn down music volume to 0%. Then go to itunes and make a playlist and play those songs that you want!  :cheer:
I thought you didn't play games anymore?

Unfortunately there are legal implications over copy-right according to the EULA

"(3)     New Levels must not contain any illegal, scandalous, illicit, defamatory, libelous, or objectionable material (as may be determined by LucasArts in its sole discretion), or any material that infringes any trademarks, copyrights, protected works, publicity, proprietary, or other rights of any third party or of LucasArts.  "

As long as you obtain legal permission or it falls under fair use act (up to 20 seconds is allowable i think) it should be okay to use copyright songs in a public mod.

In the U.K. they just made it legal (by removing an old outdated law) to make digital copies of songs for yourself, so if the map was for your own use it should be fine, you just couldn't share it.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Phobos on December 24, 2012, 08:57:22 PM
As long as you obtain legal permission or it falls under fair use act (up to 20 seconds is allowable i think) it should be okay to use copyright songs in a public mod.
Oh right... that's why on modded TF2 servers they often have 20 second-ish clips of popular music. Huh... the more you know!
if they can do it, I'm sure we're allowed too.