Need ability to have faster units without sliding

Started by Led, February 21, 2015, 04:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
We all know that if we increase the unit speed, we get sliding.

Let's see if there is a way to increase speed and have the right animations. 

After playing some other games, SWBF units really seem to plod along.

Anyone have any ideas?

I can't remember how, but I got halfsteps to work at one time
http://classic.xfire.com/video/438ec0/

maybe this plus increased speed would work.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

February 21, 2015, 05:25:14 PM #1 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:27:00 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
I think increasing speed multiplies how fast the animation plays. If that is true, then even if you had different animations, battlefront would still trip up with animations going that quick.

I think I remember reading something about the 1.3 patch making some changes to fix the animation speed bug..
The problem is with the executable.
-- To me it looks like the video has the animations modified, but I don't see much difference in the actual speed.

Quote from: Led on February 21, 2015, 05:26:56 PM
Could we just make new animations?

you could also experiment with various BF2 animation replacements, most are untested in BF1 so far
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8448

February 21, 2015, 07:18:36 PM #4 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:50:00 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
Reading up on that one now.

I installed ZETools on this laptop and it works fine, I opened up the runforward animation MSH and it works good too. - Everything is preped for munge and replacement using the zaf zaa files, but I'm not sure what I'd need to do to the animation to make it work better with high speeds though.

Any suggestions?
--
I modified MileHighGuy's Yoda anim munger a bit. Attached to this thread.
Doesn't need to be located anywhere special. I haven't tested on 64bit yet.

It might be possible to make the SWBF2 sprint anim work in SWBF1, it just wouldnt be able to be toggled.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder