Some version of the mod tools on Ipod Touch?

Started by Snake, November 14, 2012, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, I have been using my ipod touch a lot in school, I use it to take notes, write papers, get things from my email to edit, etc. I was thinking of possibly getting some .odf's onto the ipod to edit, email back to myself, then implement into PC mod tools. I'm wondering just how much can be done on the ipod, if any at all. Has this been tried before?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well, there is an app that I use on my iPad (it's also available for iPod), called GoodReader. It basically let's you view a bunch of files, like .rar, .zip, etc. I don't use it that much now, and I don't know exactly what types of files it can view, but I know it can't view mod maps, I've tried that before. As for .odf, I don't really know. Your best bet is to probably find an app that can open and edit .odf's, if they have them on the App Store. If they aren't there, Cydia might have something up your alley, if you have jailbroken it.

If you have a text editor you should be able to do it. Just rename the .odf to .txt files and you would be good to go.

Rename the odf's to a text file then e-mail it to yourself. Then you can mod using the notes app on your ipod.
What kinda ipod do you have?  :)

Haha, yeah, I could be modding during school.  :moo:

I have a 4th Gen(?) Ipod Touch. Its not the brand new one, but the one before that. Idr which generation.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on November 14, 2012, 05:50:12 PM
Haha, yeah, I could be modding during school.  :moo:

I have a 4th Gen(?) Ipod Touch. Its not the brand new one, but the one before that. Idr which generation.

Ah, I also have the 4G iPod Touch, it's alright. Mine is an 8GB one though. :P

Haha, I have 32gb  :P

I had to convert the .odf to text and then email it to myself and then get it in my text editor from my email on the ipod. It's a really slow process just to get one .odf so its not very practical, but oh well.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=a9eb497797&view=att&th=13b01d75a57a14a9&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

Dunno if you can see it but its an ipod image of the imperial rifle .odf.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder