Changing Sketetons with Hex Editing

Started by Snake, May 01, 2012, 02:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 01, 2012, 02:49:40 PM Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:54:41 PM by SnΛke
Is it possible? In the same way you can change the .tga of a model, can you change the skeleton of a model besides .odf editing?

I opened the Jet Trooper with my hex editor and found REP_JetTrooper_Skeleton which means it should be possible..

In Arc Trooper: REP_ArcTrooper_Skeleton_new

It may be possible to fix the SWBF2 Marksperson with this. Discovery in progress?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The part that says REP_JetTrooper_Skeleton is the NAME field for the SINF chunk.
The name is an arbitrary string.

SINF is basicly a scene info chunk.

The skeleton for a BF1 and 2 unit is a sieries of null and static MODL chunks.
Each one is parented in a specific heirarchy, starting with the DummyRoot MODL.

I've got some bone info here.

The DummyRoot acts as a base, each "bone" after has rotations and translations (TRAN) that add to each other and act as a starting point for the next MODL to be parented to it.

It is possible to swap and alter the skeleton, but it must be done carefully so it will still synch up with the animations.

I haven't tried messing with bone rotations, still struggling to hang geometry on the bones.

Basicly, getting a new skeleton in game should be completely possible, but whoever does it will be making thier own path.

I changed the arc trooper skeleton to a jet trooper and nothing happened but I changed the jet trooper skeleton to arctrooper and nothing changed except the jet propulsion was not there.. The jetpack model was there but it could not be used. Very strange.. and useless. Lol
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder