[HELP] Water Damage

Started by Snake, April 26, 2012, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know where I can find and change the damage that water deals when submerged? Also, I doubt this is possible but can it be made so that water causes damaged when touched and not just when submerged?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

You could place a Health bot that had to Effect radius but had an Effect region covering the Water to counteract the water damage. Alternitively you can make a unit have a slight heel factor.

I would like to make water insta-kill
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Deathregion man  ;) Look in the stock scripts for an example of how to set it up.

Well I don't understand how to do death regions and it would take lots of time to make enough death regions to fit all the curves of the banks of the water.. :/
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SnΛke on April 26, 2012, 07:14:07 PM
Well I don't understand how to do death regions and it would take lots of time to make enough death regions to fit all the curves of the banks of the water.. :/
Just make a giant one that goes under the terrain no one will know.  then just call it in the LUA like so.

AddDeathRegion("YOURNAMEHERE")

But are death regions just cp regions?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SnΛke on April 26, 2012, 08:35:48 PM
But are death regions just cp regions?
Yeah just set them up exactly like a CP region.

I don't have to change the properties or anything? The game just knows its a death region if i put it in the .lua? o.O
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SnΛke on April 27, 2012, 08:48:16 AM
I don't have to change the properties or anything? The game just knows its a death region if i put it in the .lua? o.O
You know how you set a CP region name in the properties, do the same for the death-region then call it in the LUA.

So it'd look like this: Region Name: DeathSphere1 Region Properties: Deathregion1

Sorry, this is one of the things i never learned.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Yeah then you'd put this line in your script. AddDeathRegion("Deathregion1")

Alright, last thing, Do i need to change the type of region? Maybe to the "danger" option or something
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SnΛke on April 27, 2012, 07:41:02 PM
Alright, last thing, Do i need to change the type of region? Maybe to the "danger" option or something
Nope, nothing in that panel needs to be touched.