REQUEST: boot the booter

Started by Led, April 22, 2012, 06:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 30, 2012, 06:39:51 PM #15 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:44:34 PM by Phobos
Quote from: SleepKiller on April 30, 2012, 06:38:33 PM
Yeah, let me know how that works out for you. You didn't even know which script the boot button was located on.

I didn't even know how to edit ifs_pausemenu but I still found a way to produce a mod you claimed could not be made. If we ever get a hold of these other LUA scripts, I will not hesitate to try my theories or share the results with this community.

CurButton    voteboot    ifs_mp_lobby_listbox_contents    lobby_listbox_layout    SelectedIdx    BootVisible    ScriptCB_LobbyAction    namestr    boot
   forceboot    ForceBootVisible  

Quote from: Phobos on April 30, 2012, 06:39:51 PM
I didn't even know how to edit ifs_pausemenu but I still found a way to produce a mod you claimed could not be made. If we ever get a hold of these other LUA scripts, I will not hesitate to try my theories or share the results with this community.

CurButton    voteboot    ifs_mp_lobby_listbox_contents    lobby_listbox_layout    SelectedIdx    BootVisible    ScriptCB_LobbyAction    namestr    boot
   forceboot    ForceBootVisible  

Correction I stated that ScriptCB_QuitToWindows was didn't work in MP. Which is doesn't. Your method exits multiplayer first then runs the command.

April 30, 2012, 07:15:41 PM #17 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:20:54 PM by Phobos
Quote from: SleepKiller on April 30, 2012, 07:09:35 PM
Correction I stated that ScriptCB_QuitToWindows was didn't work in MP. Which is doesn't. Your method exits multiplayer first then runs the command.

ScriptCB_QuitToWindows works in MP, but it must be used in conjunction with the command that closes multiplayer shell first (ScriptCB_CloseNetShell). By itself, it does not work. My mod was a solution to adding a functional exit to windows to multiplayer. You stated this function was not possible
Quote from: SleepKiller
I've done it before but as I said it resaults in a crash when you click it their is no way around this as I've explained four times already.
But a way around was found it just requires some improvisation. I'm fairly certain what Led wants accomplished is also possible whether we understand the method yet or not does not change that.

May 01, 2012, 03:55:43 AM #18 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:20:32 PM by Des
edit by Buckler:  stay on topic or don't post.

it is on topic. isnt the topic sleepkiller trying to say he is better than phobos at modding? sounds like that to me. and my post was just making sure sleepkiller knows he isnt  a better modder than phobos

Quote from: Des on May 01, 2012, 03:55:43 AM
edit by Buckler:  stay on topic or don't post.

it is on topic. isnt the topic sleepkiller trying to say he is better than phobos at modding? sounds like that to me. and my post was just making sure sleepkiller knows he isnt  a better modder than phobos

I've decided to ban you from the forum instead.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet