[SOLVED] Some questions

Started by Snake, April 20, 2012, 06:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 20, 2012, 06:49:03 PM Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:15:56 AM by SnΛke
1. How do you keep snow out of buildings/tunnels?

2. I can't figure out how to get vehicles in my map.. I have done everything right (i think) could someone give details?

3. I have seen DestructableBuilding and AnimatedProp but I would like to combine them.. I tried adding the lines to make an object destructable but it has to have the right label. Is it possible to just change and AnimatedProp to DestructableBuilding and simply keeping the animation lines?

4. How do you make a minimap?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SnΛke on April 20, 2012, 06:49:03 PM
1. How do you keep snow out of buildings/tunnels?
Create a region where you don't want the snow to appear and hit Change Type and pick Rainshadow.

Quote2. I can't figure out how to get vehicles in my map.. I have done everything right (i think) could someone give details?
Check your memory pools, and ReadDataFile sections.

Quote3. I have seen DestructableBuilding and AnimatedProp but I would like to combine them.. I tried adding the lines to make an object destructable but it has to have the right label. Is it possible to just change and AnimatedProp to DestructableBuilding and simply keeping the animation lines?
Use animatedbuilding instead.

4. How do you make a minimap?
There's no quick way to do this. You typically have to manually draw it in a Paint program. With one of my maps I used Zero Editor to take an overhead shot of the map and then did my best to make it fit to the CPS.

2. I set the memory pools, made sure the ships were called in the ReadDataFiles, i tried all kinds of different ways of setting up the actual vehicle_spawns.. I saw that I need them in my .req file. I forgot how to do that in a map..

Thanks for the rest!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SnΛke on April 20, 2012, 08:02:35 PM
2. I set the memory pools, made sure the ships were called in the ReadDataFiles, i tried all kinds of different ways of setting up the actual vehicle_spawns.. I saw that I need them in my .req file. I forgot how to do that in a map..

Thanks for the rest!
You shouldn't need to add anything to your maps .req file in order to add vehicles. You've placed com_item_vehicle_spawn with the vehicle defined at the appropriate lines?

Thats what I thought, but on the tuts I've read it says that. Here's how I've tried setting up the vehicle spawn for a republic gunship:

CP name: I tried the actual name which is something like com_bldg_controlzone2 i also tried the label which is CP3Label

ClassRepAtk: rep_fly_gunship
ClassRepDef: rep_fly_gunship

They still won't spawn so idk what I'm forgetting to do..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

read over the tutorial and hints in here:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3545.0

I used it and it seems to work just fine.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Wow..  >:( All of this was because I did this in my .lua:

-- Start sidelvls
ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\cis.lvl",
"cis_inf_basic",
"cis_inf_countdooku",
"cis_inf_droideka"
"cis_fly_maf");
ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\rep.lvl",
"rep_inf_basic",
"rep_inf_macewindu",
"rep_inf_jet_trooper"
"rep_fly_gunship");

If you see nothing wrong (neither did I) its because theres only a comma missing. It should be like this:

-- Start sidelvls
ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\cis.lvl",
"cis_inf_basic",
"cis_inf_countdooku",
"cis_inf_droideka",
"cis_fly_maf");
ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\rep.lvl",
"rep_inf_basic",
"rep_inf_macewindu",
"rep_inf_jet_trooper",
"rep_fly_gunship");

That is why it wouldnt work.  :slap: Thanks for the help guys, I might not have seen it if it werent for that tutorial so thanks Led!

One last question though; What region are you talking about, Sleepkiller? I couldn't find what you were talking about.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder