mod help

Started by MARCUS, April 18, 2012, 06:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 18, 2012, 06:03:49 AM Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:53:33 AM by MARCUS
I am now making a new map called return of the rebels, its about rebels returning from a mission back to Hoth, but their transport ship has crashed (1)
they go further on foot through the cold icy world to their base, wich is 2km far
they encounter wampas (2) and they have to fight them to get to their base

this map is rebel vs wampas (imperials) (3)

the () means that i need help with that

(1) does someone know where i can find a crashed transport ship?                  found x

(2) can someone ship a wampa from swbf2 hunt mode in hoth to swbf1?         found x

(3) how do i add the wampas to the mission.lvl or side.lvl?                       

and does someone knows how to modify the mission.lvl????
i have downloaded the battlebelks modtools, but i don't understand it

That would be weird..And cool.

i need help to make that

how do i import the crashed transport ship from the mod map: Bounty Hunters: Rebel Outpost

and how do i import the wampas from the map mod: hoth
here a link: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=1878.0

i want to import the wampas from the locals to the imperials side to my map, know how to?

but now that link to mission.lvl modding i don't understand, how do you open the mission.lvl, with a LVL reader??

You use the mission level builder.

You edit text files, save them, then munge them to make the new mission.lvl file.

Please read the tutorials again.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 19, 2012, 08:04:58 AM #6 Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:17:29 AM by MARCUS
aaah, so you need to place your 'shipped worlds' folder from bfbuilder to the addon folder of thetool, and then you need to open the .lua with notepad and then you just change what you want

ok thx

but now for the other questions?

how do i import the crashed transport ship from the mod map: Bounty Hunters: Rebel Outpost      x found

i want to import the wampas from the locals to the imperials side to my map, know how to?

Quote from: MARCUS on April 19, 2012, 08:04:58 AM
aaah, so you need to place your 'shipped worlds' folder from bfbuilder to the addon folder of thetool, and then you need to open the .lua with notepad and then you just change what you want

ok thx

but now for the other questions?

how do i import the crashed transport ship from the mod map: Bounty Hunters: Rebel Outpost

All of the shipped worlds have LUA in the mission builder.  Simply edit and munge if it is a shipped world--no need to go through BFbuilder.  If you are making a whole new world, then it may be easier to go through BFbuilder.

To import things like props (the crashed ship) you need to find the assets, e.g. the model.  Same for other units like the wampa.

The best bet is to see if you can find the model in the SWBF2 mod tools.  Other than that, Gametoast modders have made and released a bunch of other models.  Visit them to find out what is available.  Be sure to credit the modellers if you use one of their models.

I think the wampa model is available in the alien assets pack that phobos put together.  He should be able to provide you a link.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

The Wampa model is in the SWBFII assets.

ok, so i need to download the alien pack, the link i already found, but then what?

do i need to put the side lvl of wampas into the side folder of my new map?

anyone

ps, thanks buckler for moving this thread :)