Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection

Started by Giftheck, February 21, 2024, 06:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I do wonder about that as well. I've only returned to the game recently, mainly when they announced a classic collection was coming out. Battlefront's netcode has always been rubbish, not sure if Aspyr would've been able to completely change the netcode on a "port" budget, but this collection is what I'd call a "soft-remaster", according to what I've heard, most of the textures were put through AI-Upscaling. Not entirely sure if that's true, but I've played for about an hour or 2 today and found that the servers seem to be a lot more stable.

I'm in the camp that I'm glad to have the CC because of the xbox dlc being officially supported now and other stuff, but I do think if the people who are complaining about the game submit feedback to Aspyr that they might actually put in effort to fix the issues. With all the issues surrounding Embracer recently, I wouldn't be surprised if the budgets for certain projects were quite low. 
The years just fly past, don't they?

"Overwhelming support"?!

(That one line was take 4, I burst out laughing reading that sentence in the other three takes and barely held it in for the fourth  :giggle: )
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I don't know what I just witnessed, but it seems most of the Aspyr dedicated servers for BF2 crashed all at once?

The game DC'd me and when I went to look at the server browser, all of the aspyr servers were gone. I even restarted the game and they were still gone.

I will not make the obvious joke, I will not make the obvious joke, I will not make the obvious joke
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

March 16, 2024, 10:58:18 AM #50 Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 11:00:17 AM by Luna
Looks like the MP is in a worst state today than it was the other day:

Not a lot of aspyr servers, sometimes more appear and sometimes they don't appear at all.

During a stream today I saw that there is only one server available on SWBF1 multiplayer.  :shrug:
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

I've seen a screenshot of 0 servers on both SWBF1 and SWBF2 in the CC. This is horrendous and Aspyr should feel ashamed of letting the games release like this.

I hope Steam start accepting refunds for this game no matter how many hours people have, this is like Cyberpunk except the issues are with multiplayer...

Quote from: Luna on March 17, 2024, 01:45:04 AMI've seen a screenshot of 0 servers on both SWBF1 and SWBF2 in the CC. This is horrendous and Aspyr should feel ashamed of letting the games release like this.

I hope Steam start accepting refunds for this game no matter how many hours people have, this is like Cyberpunk except the issues are with multiplayer...

Agreed. It's a complete sh*tshow (excuse my french), but they really dropped the ball BIG TIME with this release. Let's hope they can pull a complete 180 and save this mess somehow even though its probably already too late  :(

March 19, 2024, 01:07:25 AM #54 Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 01:12:05 AM by Red04SWBF
I randomly saw some very interesting information in an IGN YouTube video. The Aspyr developers seem to have used 3D models from an iamshaymin mod (Kit Fisto and Asajj Ventress) but with certain modifications to work in CC (exclusively in PC version). If iamshaymin himself has confirmed this, it is evident that Aspyr would have used mod source files but probably without giving credits.

Here's the video in case you're interested in (around 2:52):
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Shaymin has indeed confirmed it. He's had copies of the 1.0 game dumped on multiple platforms and found his files in the demunge.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Giftheck on March 19, 2024, 02:08:01 AMShaymin has indeed confirmed it. He's had copies of the 1.0 game dumped on multiple platforms and found his files in the demunge.

Damn. They said they wouldn't do that, definitely can't be trusted. I'm glad the KOTOR Remake project was taken off of them.