Yes. Tunngle, here we come!
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thats what it looks like to me

So who's gonna tell everyone on GT "How To Tunngle"
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on April 08, 2014, 07:22:34 PM
So who's gonna tell everyone on GT "How To Tunngle"
GT is more of a modding community than an online one. So telling them really isn't going to do much. And I'm sure the SWBFII communities will work something out if they wish to keep playing. I actually hope they don't choose to use Tunngle when there are any other number of VPN solutions (Fun Fact: Windows has a VPN client built into it.) available or better yet a proper master server solution.

So a update on the SWBF2 fix. It seems Eyes is working on a patch to fix bugs and redirect to a new master server.

Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

Quote from: BoMbeR on April 09, 2014, 06:33:17 AM
So a update on the SWBF2 fix. It seems Eyes is working on a patch to fix bugs and redirect to a new master server.

Yes, they have been working on that for a long while.  There is great appeal to being the group that provides the option to get the master server working again.

I think "deadmeow" has it right, however.

With the issues that tunngle has, it is nothing to a crappy implementation of master server software.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Tunngle may be cheaper, but it's still a good fall guy.
I am very interested in their new master server project, but I do not recommend ridding of tunngle (even if they host a swbf1 server with their swbf2 one), just to keep multiple communities still together.

Who says you can't have tunngle and a new master server, right? Sounds like an even better deal to me..

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 09, 2014, 12:00:47 PM
Tunngle may be cheaper, but it's still a good fall guy.
I am very interested in their new master server project, but I do not recommend ridding of tunngle (even if they host a swbf1 server with their swbf2 one), just to keep multiple communities still together.
Who says you can't have tunngle and a new master server, right? Sounds like an even better deal to me..
A functional bf1 master server patch would work in conjunction with tunngle, you could jump between servers on both if you wanted to without restarting the game. However for 1.3 since LAN mode doesn't work with the dedicated server it would only be playable online with a master server patch not tunngle. That and it needs a no cd patch still. If the server is patched then DC mode should work again too in theory.

I know nothing about coding and servers and all that stuff, but would this be at all helpful? A Unity 3D server? I know not much about Unity 3D but it seems like something at least.
http://youtu.be/1KIoGOYOUvk
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

That fellow is building a master server in Visual Studio, and formatting it to work with Unity 3d engine online.

So doing what the guy is saying may be a bit helpful, but is not going to lead you to building a new master server for SWBF in end of itself.

The difference is he has the back end of his Unity game (he knows how to format the server according to what he has build in his game), where as we don't really have the source code for SWBF (you could probably decompile it, that may give you a better understanding.. Idk) to just plug in information to a new master server.

Now apparently some other fellows have enough information to host their own code and have it work to an extent ( OpenSpy, GameSpy, and the other folks working on the new server for SWBFII). But over all, it isn't really alike except that they are game servers.

-Edit: However, that can help us with building a server for SWFOC when we get to the multiplayer stage of development..