EV Nova Anyone?

Started by Yoda, July 16, 2012, 08:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just re-installed my copy of EV Nova since Ambrosia Software apprently released an update to make it Lion compatible XD.

I was wondering if anyone else ever played the game or any others in the EV series.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

August 07, 2012, 09:11:06 AM #1 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:12:47 AM by Droideka
I did play for awhile, I think my brother paid for a license so I didn't have to deal with the annoying guy that shouts at you for using the game for free.

I think the game is pretty good for its time, it's very exciting in space battles, the exploration is incredible, I find the different races fascinating, the only thing that's off is that the story is entirely told through text, and in modern video games that's becoming more and more rare. I'd still call it a good buy though.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I agree that over time the "text based" nature didn't stand up well, but considering that the original engine for the EV series was built from scratch by some Computer Science majors as a side project in college, I am willing to deal with it. The only problem I have now is that you can still pay for it, but it STILL costs $30! Not a great buy any more so I've been passing around my product key.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.