SWBF Online wanted petiton?

Started by Helios, January 15, 2013, 07:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 15, 2013, 07:23:10 PM Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:25:39 PM by [FC]Helios
So ive typed up a petition for the relaunch of the master server, it isnt published yet idk if i will publish it, if u think i should say i adhere to this, and Buckler is it ok if i mention SWBFgamers.com in my petition description?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I think we are past the point of no return, if there ever was one. The master servers are not coming back.

Quote from: [FC]Helios on January 15, 2013, 07:23:10 PM
So ive typed up a petition for the relaunch of the master server, it isnt published yet idk if i will publish it, if u think i should say i adhere to this, and Buckler is it ok if i me tion SWBFgamers.com in my petition description?
No offense, but if anyone is making a petition it should be someone more...experienced.

Quote from: Agent Z on January 15, 2013, 07:27:40 PM
No offense, but if anyone is making a petition it should be someone more...experienced.
Meaning?

January 15, 2013, 07:37:24 PM #4 Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:39:52 PM by tirpider
For the SWBF servers to return,  Glu-stick (whatever they are called) and LucasArts would have to enter into a service contract.

If Glu suddenly put the SWBF master servers back up, they might be leaving themselves open to whatever legal contention LA might have with folks randomly using thier IP without permission.

Whether LA would act on that is up to them, but Glu would be foolish for a so-called "up and comming" media company to put themselves in a potentialy libelous position.

This is like trying to give a dead dog CPR. It's not gonna come backto life no matter how experienced you are in CPR. If you want to put forth the effort go for it but Its a lost cause.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Ok so its obvious ppl dont want it up, well i guess the ppl have spoke, moderators feel free to lock this topic.

I just want to quickly add the low number of active players probably wont help either. :/
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Nobility on January 15, 2013, 08:10:51 PM
I just want to quickly add the low number of active players probably wont help either. :/
Ik but what if they would accept ( they will 99.9% disagree ) think if the ppl that cant play now they go om swbf try online and they see it working,

What some of us are working on is a custom master server which you would install a small patch for the EXE to connect to that but its still a long ways off.

Maybe we could try to contact the people in the back of the books(long list), but idk if that would help. I think Sha Zam means if this were to actually happen an adult should be the one doing the petition, since they might not take a teenager seriously.

I think we MAY be able to give SWBF 30 days, a lot of games say that they will warn you 30 days before the game is no longer supported, so we should research if they did that for SWBF.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on January 16, 2013, 05:02:04 AM
I think we MAY be able to give SWBF 30 days, a lot of games say that they will warn you 30 days before the game is no longer supported, so we should research if they did that for SWBF.
they didn't give us any warning it probably took them about 30 seconds to shut it down and they never even bothered announcing it (neither disney, lucasarts, glu, or gamespy)

Quote from: Phobos on January 16, 2013, 05:06:29 AM
they didn't give us any warning it probably took them about 30 seconds to shut it down and they never even bothered announcing it (neither disney, lucasarts, glu, or gamespy)

The may have announced if they knew the fanbase was bigger. Too late though.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper