SWBF Revival?

Started by Helios, December 30, 2012, 09:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Do you think SWBF is bing revived? Look at how many hits and new members the site has gotten and look at how the tunngle community how its growing! What are your thoughts?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I think it's a major credit to the people who are continuingly stabilizing and renewing interest in this game. Guys like Led, Rage, Oven, Deagle and many others have found ways to keep this game going and find new ways to make it interesting with this site, mods, tournaments, videos, etc. And of course it's a credit to everyone who keeps playing the game and helping out in any way they can.

I definetely agree with Pimped.

I would also like to add that I did notice a huge spike in site popularity just after the shutoff happened.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: SirPimped on December 30, 2012, 10:12:53 PM
I think it's a major credit to the people who are continuingly stabilizing and renewing interest in this game. Guys like Led, Rage, Oven, Deagle and many others have found ways to keep this game going and find new ways to make it interesting with this site, mods, tournaments, videos, etc. And of course it's a credit to everyone who keeps playing the game and helping out in any way they can.

Lol, only one guy in the entire community has drawn me out of pension...J-dee's maps and mods >D those are the only ones i play.
Btw does anybody know when his mod come out?

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Darth Verik on December 31, 2012, 01:26:20 AM
Lol, only one guy in the entire community has drawn me out of pension...J-dee's maps and mods >D those are the only ones i play.
Btw does anybody know when his mod come out?
I am super excited about it, as well. Hopefully it comes out soon.

I'm not sure when it comes out, though. I don't think he has a set release date.

Quote from: Agent Z on December 31, 2012, 07:41:15 AM
I am super excited about it, as well. Hopefully it comes out soon.

I'm not sure when it comes out, though. I don't think he has a set release date.

Quoted from his SWBF 1.5 topic as of December 25th:

Quote from: jdee-barc on December 25, 2012, 10:30:17 AM
News:

Definite Release date: December 31st

Progress:
Sides: 100%
Maps: 85%
Scripts: 90%

I don't know if Battlefont is getting more popular again but it does seem to be getting into a system where everyone comes on in the evenings mostly at weekends which means we get better battles. The ICW2 and people connecting through SWBFgamers has helped alot.

Quote from: jdee-barc on December 25, 2012, 10:30:17 AM
News:

Definite Release date: December 31st

Progress:
Sides: 100%
Maps: 85%
Scripts: 90%
He didn't give a year though. ;)

Edit: Double post :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

December 31, 2012, 08:04:09 AM #7 Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:16:10 AM by Agent Z
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 31, 2012, 07:56:50 AM
I don't know if Battlefont is getting more popular again but it does seem to be getting into a system where everyone comes on in the evenings mostly at weekends which means we get better battles. The ICW2 and people connecting through SWBFgamers has helped alot.
It may be a bit overkill, but I think we should have some sort of tournament going on year-round. It may help the traffic stay constant.

I have also noticed that the ICW2 servers, even when a battle isn't going on, stay busy most of the time. No offense to the CC Fastspawn server, but I think people are getting a tad bored of it. My suggestion is to have a SWBFgamers mod map server similar to the "{PLA}Battlefront" server (but with added mod maps). It may also encourage more SWBF players to join this site to get the needed maps. :)

Quote from: Agent Z on December 31, 2012, 08:04:09 AM
It may be a bit overkill, but I think we should have some sort of tournament going on year-round. It may help the traffic stay constant.

I have also noticed that the ICW2 servers, even when a battle isn't going on, stay busy most of the time. No offense to the CC Fastspawn server, but I think people are getting a tad bored of it. My suggestion is to have a SWBFgamers mod map server similar to the "{PLA}Battlefront" server (but with added mod maps). It may also encourage more SWBF players to join this site to get the needed maps. :)

I agree, a year-round tourney would help keep the stream constant. Also, this is where Kit's SWBFGamers map pack would fit in, it could be the best mod maps, put into a map pack, and the map pack could be dispersed throughout the server with stock maps. It would be an interesting experiment for sure.

It seems that yes, the world of SWBF PC is growing.
There is always a community of SWBF players. 1 and 2. If you go on youtube you will find many many people who say they play those games on their consoles or on the PC without mods and multiplayer. More of those people just seem to be finding this site. Which isn't bad. In fact, its great! I think the BIGGEST revival will occur when/if SWBFIII is announced and released.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on December 31, 2012, 08:08:09 AM
I agree, a year-round tourney would help keep the stream constant. Also, this is where Kit's SWBFGamers map pack would fit in, it could be the best mod maps, put into a map pack, and the map pack could be dispersed throughout the server with stock maps. It would be an interesting experiment for sure.
If we were to make a map pack for a server, I already know the maps I would suggest. Some mod maps aren't that good in MP, but there are a few that are really fun with other players.

@Buckler:  Would you be willing to put out a "test" server with a few mod maps on it to see what kind of traffic it may get if it was a permanent server? Please?  :cheers:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 31, 2012, 08:15:07 AM
I think the BIGGEST revival will occur when/if SWBFIII is announced and released.
I've faced the fact that SWBF3 will probably never be released. It would be extremely awesome, but there are more popular games out there for them to make sequels of.  :confused:

I love cc fast spawn :D, but when I go to train I go to the icw servers with people in yak, elk, 212 etc. I would suggest a tournement were people sign up and are assigned to teams for the tournement, it could encourage new friends :P , ofc after the icw2.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 31, 2012, 08:15:07 AM
It seems that yes, the world of SWBF PC is growing.
There is always a community of SWBF players. 1 and 2. If you go on youtube you will find many many people who say they play those games on their consoles or on the PC without mods and multiplayer. More of those people just seem to be finding this site. Which isn't bad. In fact, its great! I think the BIGGEST revival will occur when/if SWBFIII is announced and released.
No thats just life being bloomed in a different game im talking about SWBF 1 PC.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

It is growing since the "lockdown" of swbf master server. But they will proberbly become a time in the next couple of years that makes swbf loose this growth and the numbers sowly decrease

Quote from: {212} Nixo on December 31, 2012, 04:50:08 PM
But they will proberbly become a time in the next couple of years that makes swbf loose this growth and the numbers sowly decrease
Think positively for pete's sake, maybe people will stick around.

Quote from: {212} Nixo on December 31, 2012, 04:50:08 PM
proberbly
:wacko:
I just can't seem to stay away...