SWBFII, SWBFRS, SWBFES on PSP.

Started by Carbon27, October 28, 2013, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 Nobody really talks about the games. I'm sure SOME of you people have played at least ONE of them. Do any of the games still have MP function? Are any fun in Single Player? Do they have good replay value? Are they worth buying used? Are the campaigns any fun?

I just bought a PSP 3000 and wondered if I should get the Battlefront games. Thanks! :cheers:

-Carbon27  (Or Josh...         or Joshua)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

The only good Battlefront for PSP is Battlefront 2. Don't even bother with the others. I have played all of them. The only reason I didn't return Renegade Squadron was because I payed $5 for the game and didn't feel like getting $1 for it at Gamestop. I don't even play it at all anymore.

Thank you!  :tu:

What about online features? Does SWBF2 PSP still have online? Information seems to be at a minimal about PSP games when it comes to MP.

BTW how many and which games can still be played online?

Allow me to answer (even though I don't have all of the games, I do know facts of them):

SWBFII doesn't have any online multiplayer, however it does let you play with 3 other players locally via LAN.

SWBFRS does have online multiplayer, and can support 8 people via LAN. However the modes are limited to conquest and CTF. You also need to have a GameSpy account to play online.

SWBFES does have online multiplayer, and has more modes in it, including Heroes and Deathmatch, I believe.

As far as I know, I think multiplayer is still achievable on both SWBFRS and SWBFES, and SWBFII is not (unless you're running LAN). If you really want to know, look up some videos on both games on YouTube, and search by most recent. If there are recent multiplayer vids, then the game still has an active community on it.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 01, 2013, 05:32:20 AM
You also need to have a GameSpy account to play online.
I do not, and since you can no longer get an account, does that mean I won't be able to play it online?

Quote from: Carbon27 on November 01, 2013, 06:58:33 AM
I do not, and since you can no longer get an account, does that mean I won't be able to play it online?

SWBFII on PC still has users with GameSpy accounts, so I'd assume that you can still get one. If you can't, I'm unsure if you can still play online or not.

For both the titles SWBF:RS and ES I got bored of the awkward PSP controls and the bountiful amount of hackers.
The ground to space aspect of ES was interesting, but you could tell the game was a rushed and incomplete port of SWBF3.

You can still use online accounts for SWBFII.

They only shut it off for SWBFI Master Server.
So when the IDs go, all the servers go.
It'll happen soon now, but you know what I find funny, is that Star Wars: Republic Commando still has multiplayer, and still averages about 5-20 a day.