Main Play Mod 7

Started by ggctuk, October 18, 2009, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 23, 2010, 04:46:44 AM #75 Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:48:33 AM by ggctuk
Quote from: UNIT33 on January 23, 2010, 04:06:35 AM
It's not 'just' a mod Verik.
The mod affects the whole game-play of SWBF, new maps, sides, sounds, music, skins and weapons, so it ain't 'just' a mod.

Actually, there's no new music unless I add it to the custom maps I mod. But, yeah, it's more than 'just a mod', although it started out 'just a mod'. Version 6 is currently available on SWBFFiles if you want an idea of what to expect in Version 7.

The fonts you see in the above screenshots are not going to be included. I just did that as a test to see if the FontEdit/FontMunge tools from the BF2 Mod Tools worked with BF1, and they do. The standard BF1 font (AmmarilloUSAF) will remain.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

January 27, 2010, 11:12:01 AM #76 Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:17:34 AM by ggctuk
I'm creating audio for the trailers. I decided to have a short 'story-tell' with each. There will be trailers for each faction. I've started work on the Imperial Trailer. I've already recorded Palpatine's dialogue for it. I haven't decided on the characters for the other trailers yet. Yoda will probably be in the Rep trailer, Dooku in the CIS trailer and Ackbar in the Alliance Trailer.

I'll start scouting for voices soon.

In other news, I'm going to use HD models for the Clones.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Update:

In Progress:

On Hold:

You can use the ARC trooper stuff I've got. Only thing is that you would have to give credit to the people who made the heavy ARC trooper

Thanks, but I don't really need to. Aside frokm the 6-unit thing, I've got everything else set out how I want it to be.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Wasn't it Napseeker who managed some form of a more than 5 unit side?
Rather than having a choose-able unit it was more of a variation, so when selecting a class, you could either end up with one unit or another, it think he did this for his Clones Vs Jedi mod?
Sorry for my vague recollection... Here's the topic...http://www.mpcgamers.com/smf/index.php?topic=820.msg9628#msg9628
And a quote
Quote- Heroes Unleashed!  This is a cool feature which lets gamers have access to more than just the standard five units per side. For the first time in SWBF1, gamers can pick from up to 8 units per team!  I am splitting it up so that four units will be generic soldiers/Jedi and four will be hero units (these have FAR better powers and skills but can't capture CPs nor can they give orders to the soldiers to capture CPs for them!). IMPORTANT: Unfortunately Heroes Unleashed only works in single-player missions. I tried testing it under multiplayer and it crashed the game! So unless I can find a fix, there will sadly be no multiplayer matches with HU support.
Hope this helps... unless you've already considered this and I just wasted your time!  :slap:

I did consider it, but I think that it probably would not work the way I wanted it to - possibly that the units spawned wouldn't be able to capture CPs. I'd have to ask Napseeker about that.
In Progress:

On Hold:

NEWS:

No 6 units yet. I shall see if I can figure out how to decompile shell.lvl and examine its contents.

I'm working on some new music for the Clone Wars missions, featuring music from Episode I, II and III, dependant on the map. So it'll be the following:

Bespin: No new music
Geonosis: Episode II music
Kamino: No new music as it already features all of its themes.
Kashyyyk: Episode III music
Naboo: Episode I music.
Rhen Var: Haven't decided yet whether to have new music here or not. Possibly Episode II music.
Tatooine: Music from both Episode I and Episode II
Yavin IV: Not decided, possibly a mixture of Episode II and Episode I music.
In Progress:

On Hold:

cool :tu: Although ive always thought episode III music was the best...

ep3 music is definitely the coolest  ;) It fits the movie really good. Maybe you should do all ep3 music :D
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: ggctuk on April 10, 2010, 12:47:04 PM
NEWS:
No 6 units yet. I shall see if I can figure out how to decompile shell.lvl and examine its contents.
Cool news.

Quote from: Snake on April 11, 2010, 01:48:56 PM
ep3 music is definitely the coolest  ;) It fits the movie really good. Maybe you should do all ep3 music :D

It wouldn't fit on Naboo, Tatooine, Kamino or Geonosis. Tatooine's got both Episode I and II music for it.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk on April 13, 2010, 01:15:49 PM
It wouldn't fit on Naboo, Tatooine, Kamino or Geonosis. Tatooine's got both Episode I and II music for it.
Good point. What are your ideas of getting 6 units in? Have you taken apart the Shell yet?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

If someone know how to add 6 units it will be amazing to show how we can do it too.  :cheer:
none

not to mention how you got the custom music in