Hex Texturing?

Started by Snake, June 20, 2013, 07:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I forgot to save my model before exporting, and a texture was not exported for some reason so there are parts that are white. Is there a way to give the white parts a texture with Hex editing or something?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

June 21, 2013, 02:42:01 AM #1 Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:46:13 AM by tirpider
If it still has UVs (a UV0L chunk) then sure.

You would need to:
-hex in an entire MATD chunk (and it's sub chunks NAME, DATA, ATRB, and TX0D) (It would probably be easiest to use one from another msh, then edit it as needed after it is added.)
-Then add 1 the the MATL count.
-Correct all the parents size fields (should just be MATL, MSH2, and HEDR)(or ignore this and just run the TAG_SIZE_VALIDATOR on it at the end.)
-Then the MATI for all the pieces you want to use it need to point to the correct MATD.

If it doesn't have a UV0L chunk, then it won't work.
A quick way to see if it has a UV0L in the piece(s) that need it is to open it in the SWBF_MSH_INFO program and navigate to the piece and see if there is a UV0L under all it's SEGM sections.

(Or you can send it to me and I'll try.  ;) )

-edit
Just occured to me that it may not be as hard as all that.  You may just need to change the MATI to point to an already existing MATD (material). SWBF_MSH_INFO can help find all that so you don't have to spend forever in a hex editor's search function.

June 21, 2013, 10:00:21 AM #2 Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:02:36 AM by Snake
I think I will send it to you, as I do not understand any of that.  :P Thanks

--Edit

I actually deleted it out of anger yesterday..  :confused:

So I'll send the models over to you if it happens again.  :P
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on June 21, 2013, 10:00:21 AM
I actually deleted it out of anger yesterday..  :confused:
LOL. Join the club. We even have an official name!
THE MAN CLUB