Sniper Modification Tutorial Needed

Started by Helios, May 21, 2012, 04:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys whats up... i need help to make a sniper modification so that the rebel and Cis Snipers can only zoom in once when using the scope. If u can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!   :happy:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

That should be pretty easy.  Do you want the exact same zoom levels as the clone/empire units (one zoom). ?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I have tested this and it does not work online  :td:. It will however work for modded custom maps. The values to change are ZoomMin and ZoomMax in the weapon ODF.

ZoomMin = "2.0"
ZoomMax = "8.0"

change to

ZoomMin = "6.0"
ZoomMax = "6.0"

Yes that is eactly right Buckler but as Phobos says it will not work online so would i mod this in the stock maps or battlebelks ???

your question does not make sense--this would be a side mod, available for any mod map you make

oh lol sry im new at modding and so this would only online compatible if i made it with the Mod Map ???

Both you and the server would need the mod, as well as anyone that plays on that server.

If only you could change the zoom settings, then that would be a way to cheat or at least have an advantage over other players.

Certain things can be done by just players and still work, but these are almost always visual elements of the game and do not affect damage, zoom detail levels, etc.

Quote from: Buckler on May 23, 2012, 03:36:23 PM
Both you and the server would need the mod, as well as anyone that plays on that server.

If only you could change the zoom settings, then that would be a way to cheat or at least have an advantage over other players.

Certain things can be done by just players and still work, but these are almost always visual elements of the game and do not affect damage, zoom detail levels, etc.

I can imagine being accused of "zoom cheats" lol. Some visuals can be changed, some cannot. It's not easy to list all (online compatible) changes that can be done in a way that beginner/intermediate modders would comprehend. I guess it boils down to how you define the term advantage, and also how you define fair, and unfair.