Side doesn't munge

Started by Dmbesh, September 18, 2015, 10:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi people, actually I'm very desperate trying to find a solution to this normally, i wouldn't even write here but since there is no solution anywhere and this is a old game... anyway.
I added a bf2 model to the rep side, followed every step of the tutorial, so far so good.
Now that i have finished it, the first struggle comes.
Since i use windows 10, 64 bit Munge doesn't simply work, after a while searching here i found my solution :)
It munges everything is perfect, only problem being that i don't find anything on lvl_pc side, folder is simply empty.
I looked for reqs, and everything is there nothing is wrong...
I really don't get it anymore, help me plox :'(

Quote from: Dmbesh on September 18, 2015, 10:44:13 AM
Hi people, actually I'm very desperate trying to find a solution to this normally, i wouldn't even write here but since there is no solution anywhere and this is a old game... anyway.
I added a bf2 model to the rep side, followed every step of the tutorial, so far so good.
Now that i have finished it, the first struggle comes.
Since i use windows 10, 64 bit Munge doesn't simply work, after a while searching here i found my solution :)
It munges everything is perfect, only problem being that i don't find anything on lvl_pc side, folder is simply empty.
I looked for reqs, and everything is there nothing is wrong...
I really don't get it anymore, help me plox :'(
Did you munge using side builders from toolbox v4 or BFBuilder? Some models for SWBF2 don't munge in BF1. Which model did you try to add? Also look in the BUILD_PC folder and see which files were premunged there. Post a screenshot here of the munge.bat before it closes if you can.

September 18, 2015, 11:23:23 AM #2 Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:11:43 PM by Dmbesh
I'm using BFbuilder, trying to replace mace windu with aayla.
Wasn't any premunged if i looked into the right place.
And if I'm allready here, is there a way to go over the 5 unit limit on the world scripts?

Quote from: Dmbesh on September 18, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
I'm using BFbuilder, trying to replace mace windu with aayla.
Wasn't any premunged if i looked into the right place.
And if I'm allready here, is there a way to go over the 5 unit limit on the world scripts?
did you use BFbuilder to import the rep.lvl assets first? this will then modify the munge files to build the rep.lvl

over 5 units is not possible for player team in the mission LUA, though you can add it for enemy team to SP mods without a crash. the spawn menu can be modded for 6 buttons, but the limit is hard-coded for players unfortunately. there's a workaround using unit dispensers though, this requires advanced ODF edits.

First i created my project with bfbuilder.exe, copied rep from assets into my project into side folder, so basicly i have nothing done wrong in this case...

Sad that it's that limited there :(

Quote from: Dmbesh on September 18, 2015, 01:23:55 PM
First i created my project with bfbuilder.exe, copied rep from assets into my project into side folder, so basicly i have nothing done wrong in this case...

Sad that it's that limited there :(
You need to use BFBuilderPro.hta, open the project, click Sides and import Rep assets. then copy in the new MSH files.

September 18, 2015, 02:32:38 PM #6 Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:36:28 PM by Dmbesh
There is no side in that bfbuilder programm thing, only edit, localize, munge and clean?
I'm sorry i don't understand...
Can you tell me how i use bfbuilder to import the rep side files? or give me a link, i might didn't see it

September 18, 2015, 02:40:29 PM #7 Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:43:04 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Dmbesh on September 18, 2015, 02:32:38 PM
There is no side in that bfbuilder programm thing, only edit, localize, munge and clean?
I'm sorry i don't understand...
Can you tell me how i use bfbuilder to import the rep side files? or give me a link, i might didn't see it
Here are the BFBuilder files you need, extract in that folder and run BFBuilder Pro. The Edited HTA I've included also allows you to build projects for names of the stock worlds such as bes2, tat2, etc. 

Allright, did everything seems like it munged right this time. rep.lvl was there etc.
I've began working on the luas(or how they are called)  with a different programm i think, i've found it here somewhere
Its called mission.lvl_pc_swbf1 before i tried this mod, I've changed some missions with it and it worked as fine as it should've now. Sadly it didn't, instead of the replaced jet trooper with Aayla, I've got an empty place.
I thought it would be because of the different Programm so i've tried my best with bfbuilder to do it.
got everything from assets, fixed the mission.req, and it seems like it doesn't munge it right, eventho it writes how it munges everything, the mission.lvl is eventually only 11 k.b!