Aliens Species In SWBF1

Started by Phobos, October 28, 2011, 06:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 28, 2011, 06:21:59 PM Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:01:16 PM by Inactive
This thread can be the main location to discuss the alien species which are playable in SWBF1. There are many species which have yet to migrate their way here, and I have some ravensoft models we could eventually convert.

As of October 2011 there are currently 31 publicly released playable alien models. You can find the most recent alien asset pack release here (does not include rakata, if you want this let me know)
http://www.mediafire.com/?vu3lvcp6se9jefs

Playable Alien Species:

* Aqualish (2 types - Rends & Andes)
    * Bith
    * Bothan (stock)
    * Cerean (from bf2)
    * Chistori
    * Duros (2 types - regular & Cad Bane)
    * Ewok (stock)
    * Falleen
    * Gamorrean (stock)
    * Geonosian (stock)
    * Gran (2 types - Bamdur & Darth Spiderpig/Fang)
    * Gungan (stock)
    * Jawa (stock)
    * Mon Calamarian
    * Nautolan (visible bone_pelvis)
    * Neimoidian
    * Quermian
    * Rakata
    * Rancor (collision/animation/scale bugs)
    * Rancorian Pharoh (not an official star wars alien but good enough to count)
    * Rodian
    * Togruta
    * Trandoshan (2 types - Karniss & Mercenary)
    * Tusken (stock)
    * Twi'Lek
    * Vong
    * Vurk
    * Wampa (from bf2)
    * Wookie (stock)
    * Yoda (from bf2)
    * Zabrak (Cybermaul)

Alien Models That Crash Game (but work in swbf2):

* Acklay
    * Ithorian

Vehicular Aliens:

* Acklay (starship)
    * Kaadu
    * Rancor (starship)
    * Tauntaun

Animated Prop Aliens:

* Fambaa
    * Hutt
    * Rancor
    * Sarlacc

Alien Models Under Construction:

* Marka Ragnos - Darth Spiderpig started converting this but I have not heard from him in quite a while.
    * Boltrunian - I have all textures and GLM/OBJ base model but need someone to envelope it.
    * Skakoan - Same as boltrunian.

Alien Model Requests (post yours I will add to this list):

* Abyssin - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Abyssin
    * Rancor - A full sized playable mesh like in swbf2. The current one is miniature and has inferior collision/animation.
    * Selkath - They look awesome.
Quote from: tirpider on November 01, 2011, 09:51:57 PM

I would dig it.
    I'm working on isolating heads and special geometries and swapping them out, exploring the potential of different body types and uniform msh's to flesh out the potential for more diverse alien/local side building.
    (muscular/skinny, officer/grunt, armored/pilot, robed/not robed, ect..)

I'm still hung up on some msh specific stuff, and am currently limiting myself to stock assets till I get my msh manipulation revised into an exe. But building a supply of asset parts is one of my goals.

Bith head is right there, as I would love to see hat the potential is for a sec ops Bith asault team would look like.
    Perhaps leading to a Ph'ton (Jedi Master during the Clone Wars) model.

That sounds like a good idea to have variations of mesh types. The rancor requires a custom skeleton in bf1 and also custom anims which is very hard to make cuz there is a smaller limit on collision points in bf1 than in bf2.

Darth spiderpig made the bith head mesh. I have many uses for alien head meshes in map drafts for alien wars. You can download it here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=370

I agree swbf needs more aliens. There are hundreds of clone skins but they are all boring to me. I like unique alien meshes. Yea I just downloaded it and it said 0 bytes which is strange because I uploaded a 6mb file. Maybe Led has not enabled it for download yet? I will re-upload to mediafire in a few minutes and post link here.

I am also making a reskin for one of the trandoshan models. Giving him reptile eyes and other improvements I will post it here when it's done.

Led and I are trying to fix the swbfgamers download link it should be working soon.
If we can get at least 4 new alien models I will release alien assets pack 4.0

Update on trandoshan reskin - The pupils are a bit wavy in mesh viewer so I will have to made some more adjustments to TGA but here is an idea of how it's looking:

Is it possible to add horns without XSI?

Check out this link it has some cool alien pictures http://www.jedipedia.de/wiki/Jedipedia:Galerie_der_Spezies

I would dig it.
I'm working on isolating heads and special geometries and swapping them out, exploring the potential of different body types and uniform msh's to flesh out the potential for more diverse alien/local side building.
(muscular/skinny, officer/grunt, armored/pilot, robed/not robed, ect..)

I'm still hung up on some msh specific stuff, and am currently limiting myself to stock assets till I get my msh manipulation revised into an exe. But building a supply of asset parts is one of my goals.

Bith head is right there, as I would love to see hat the potential is for a sec ops Bith asault team would look like.
Perhaps leading to a Ph'ton (Jedi Master during the Clone Wars) model.

November 02, 2011, 09:18:03 AM #3 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:26:05 AM by tirpider
Thanks, Phobos.

I really dig the Star Wars aliens.
Right now I'm still hung up on Sand People, but all of them need diversity.
There are tons of clones (which is fitting I guess) but so few aliens.

-edit
the file (Bith Head Mesh.7z) is comming down damaged (0 bytes.)
It's ok though, the head is it's own MODL chunk in the full model. (heh, named kopf.) I can work with that.

Got it. The swbfgamers link is working.