Bespin: Tibannopolis v0.5

Started by Snake, May 12, 2013, 06:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 12, 2013, 06:20:57 AM Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:51:00 AM by UNIT 33
This is the incomplete version of my map, since my mod tools went haywire.. Again. I doubt I will ever finish this but if I ever fix my tools I will give it another go.

[spoiler]
This was a request/attempt by Unit 33 to make a real movie-like Cloud City (A city on a huge platform). So that's what I am doing, since I am now trying to do some of the requested maps. This is not the story version of Tibannopolis, which was a rundown/mos eisley version of Cloud City. But let's just pretend this is Tibannopolis in its glory days.

You should know by now that I like intro stories   :

-Imperials-
The Rebel scum have taken over Tibannopolis. Take your Infiltrator Legion and take them by surprise. Don't worry, Lord Vader dug up some dirt on Lando Calrissian and will blackmail Lando into giving aid with the local militia. He is running for his 3rd term as Governor and does not want his dark past known..

-Rebels-
The Imperials have launched an attack on Tibannopolis. The Militia has joined them, and we don't know why. Luckily, some have deserted and joined our cause. Take what troops you have and defend Tibannopolis at all costs! We need this as a base for retaking Cloud City.

-------

-Republic-
The "Seps" are occupying Tibannopolis with a small contingent of Super Battle Droids and Infantry. We have one Spec Ops Legion for you. Take back this lightly defended base so we can free the planet from the reign of the Sith. The Bespin Militia will aid you in your attack; they want to get rid of the droids as much as we do.

-CIS-
The Jedi have launched an attack on Tibannopolis. This caught us by surprise but no worries, we will handle their weak Clones. Unfortunately, the Bespin Militia has rebelled and joined the Clones. Kill all of them, whether they are traitors or not. Do not fail me..

Pretty awesome, huh? 

Here's some new things I am going to try with the sides:
-Bespin Officers
You'll see in the pictures

-Ugnaughts
Not going so well.. 

-Star Wars Realism
This spans from guns to the actual units. No more shooting someone a hundred times in order to kill them. Don't you think superheated plasma (or whatever it is) would be able to kill someone in just a few shots? Well, that's what I am going to try to do, while trying to keep the sides balanced. Another major change is the SBD. The SBD should not be as quick and nimble as a regular droid. In this map they will only be able to march, and be much bigger than stock. However, the weapons on the SBD will be incredible effective, and they will have plenty of health. (Basing off of the Clone Wars series)

P.S. I will also release a version with Stock Sides for you lame people. 

-A city in the sky!

-Better Jedi
Jedi won't be playable but they will be killable! Finally! They have lots of health but they are not longer invincible! However, they all have a force jump and a force power.

Creds:
-Skyhammer
-FragMe
-YouJediJunky
-General_Nate
-Darth DUCK
-Phobos for the Flamethrower ODF
-Unit 33
-Me(Snake)

[/spoiler]

DOWNLOAD:
Mediafire
SWBFGamers (Will be added soon)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 12, 2013, 07:15:16 AM #1 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:26:56 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Snake on May 12, 2013, 06:20:57 AM
P.S. I will also release a version with Stock Sides for you lame people.
LOL.

Its too bad.. I almost had that platform UV-ed right :/
If I finish it, do you want it, or just release it? It completely fell apart.... Nice job RC, nice job...

Man that's to bad, I was looking forward to this map. I'm a big fan of the star wars realism, and the idea of those types of guns and the Sbd sounded really cool and an intresting change in play style.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

I guess it'd just be best to release it. I'm burned out after this cascading failure of my mod tools so I'm sick of even doing request maps right now. Hopefully I'll come back and finish it one day..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Mod tools are the greatest scourge of modding.

I shall play this map pronto! Woo0Oo!

Quote from: Snake on April 26, 2013, 09:44:21 PM
Pictures of what I have so far:
[spoiler]
Spec Ops Jet Trooper:

My attempt at a Ugnaught  :P (And all the guards doing some kind of dance for no reason..)

Battledroid

That awkward moment in every droid's life when Mace Windu is running at you..

Hydroponics Platforms - Seems like they would need that, right?

Spec Ops Jet Trooper (showing Star Wars Barrett that I skinned)

He's running for reelection  :happy:

Bespin Militia:

[/spoiler]

Played this map, I frankly loved it. It reminded me of the Bespin: Skymaze District map. However, I noticed coming out of one of the biospheres that I fell through part of the platform, then again, you did say it was a rough one. :P

Anyways, I liked the classes made, was surprised to see the jetpack on the Assault Droid! My favourite class to play as was probably the Rebel with the flamethrower gun, had lots of fun with that thing. As for the Clone Wars era, the SBD was a huge guy, and slow too, like the SBD's from SWRC. Republic though could do with some full-auto weapons, I found myself single-firing their weapons. :P

Overall, I know you said it was incomplete, I still liked the map though! :D

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I wish I could have finished it..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 29, 2013, 09:25:07 AM #9 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:56:17 AM by Phobos
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 24, 2013, 05:14:21 PM
Anyways, I liked the classes made, was surprised to see the jetpack on the Assault Droid! My favourite class to play as was probably the Rebel with the flamethrower gun, had lots of fun with that thing.
Glad you liked my flamethrower. Woulda been nice if I was credited for my contributions Thanks unit